Home

FFA player Types

Tree

I have seen some really unique player types while playing FFA SABER ONLY. Its great fun.

Force Whores: These guys have no idea how to use a saber they are absolutely confused when they see absorb and don't get the thrill of a cheap kill. These people cream there pants when they see a map like streets where you can easily push/throw ppl off.

Duelers: They like the FFA duels instead of duel servers. They will stand still while waitng for a duel while all hell is breaking lose around them. Usually getting sabered in the back. But hey I commend them, they are committed.

One-hitters: These guys are semi-rare. They have almost exclusivly one move. The one hit one kill strong stance jump. Most of these people aslo use drain. Gee what a shock.

Runners: These guys are rare but a pure enigma to me. Its a FFA and they have unlimited lives, but they will not stand and fight for anything. Im not talking about running for health. These guys will run form anyone who tries to fight them. They also usually stand outside out of a big melee throwing their saber and draining hoping for a kill. They treat as if it was real life and they were going to die. It goes with out saying they usually finish near the bottom.

Defensive players: These guys aren't interested in getting kills using force. They usually have absorb on. They just work the saber the whole game.

I'm sure I'm missing some.

I am classified as a defensive dueler....I will wait, light saber stashed, absorb on for you to finish you duel, and then challenge the victor. Although usually I get attacked from behind before you get done, even with the saber stashed....For some reason I usually wind up killing my assailant though....

The Whiner - The one guy in every server that must whine about the use of guns, and the fact that no one will duel them. Maybe they are just dyslexic, after all - FFA does look similar to "Duel", does it not?

The newbie - You know, the one person that has -3 kills who's still asking where he can get a lightsaber, and where he can find that darn lightning powerup.

• 3 weeks later...

I have seen some really unique player types while playing FFA SABER ONLY. Its great fun.

Oh you mean saber only ******* :)

Force Whores: These guys have no idea how to use a saber they are absolutely confused when they see absorb and don't get the thrill of a cheap kill. These people cream there pants when they see a map like streets where you can easily push/throw ppl off.

Force whores? You mean you shouldn't use the force? I though saber only people were *******! Anyways the context you are talking about obviously has to have the force so the thing is EVERYONE has equal amount of force POWER, so your saying people shouldn't use what they have?

Duelers: They like the FFA duels instead of duel servers. They will stand still while waitng for a duel while all hell is breaking lose around them. Usually getting sabered in the back. But hey I commend them, they are committed.

I guess if all they do is challenge people that's lame, but I can understand people who like to challenge other's who piss them off or who may seem like "worthy duel oppenents". Too bad there is no benefit to dueling in FFAs.

One-hitters: These guys are semi-rare. They have almost exclusivly one move. The one hit one kill strong stance jump. Most of these people aslo use drain. Gee what a shock.

Runners: These guys are rare but a pure enigma to me. Its a FFA and they have unlimited lives, but they will not stand and fight for anything. Im not talking about running for health. These guys will run form anyone who tries to fight them. They also usually stand outside out of a big melee throwing their saber and draining hoping for a kill. They treat as if it was real life and they were going to die. It goes with out saying they usually finish near the bottom.

I agree, I hate these people BUT that's why you should have guns! They run away, sure they harder to hit but you can still shoot em and kill them.

Defensive players: These guys aren't interested in getting kills using force. They usually have absorb on. They just work the saber the whole game.

So I guess they saber whores then eh?

I'm sure I'm missing some.

Originally posted by 7-7ighlander

You probably mean you wont get a high score by dueling.

The benefit is, of course, that duels are fun.

That is what I mean BUT I still think there should be a benefit to winning duels if they are allowed in FFAs. This way you get the fun in the duel just the same along with something extra for winning. Many people think that winning is fun as well. Besides I think winning SHOULD be fun, but that depends on how the game works. I think my suggestion will help make winning and the game overall more fun.

My idea is generally that if you beat someone in a duel depending on your current score status and theirs you gain something by winning (besides 1 kill) that can help you fight people until you die (doesn't carry on). The person who loses should lose something for x amount of time, so they don't just go kamakazi to get rid of it.

I think how much you lose win should be based on your current score vrs your oppenents, so you should try to duel people with similar scores.

I haven't put THAT much thought into this though but I know if the makers like this idea they could refine exactly what it is you gain/lose and by how much.

Archived