Home

Praises to JK2: JO

Darkblade

First of all, I want to congratulate Raven Software for making an excellent Star Wars game. I haven't seen a real good one for a long time until now.

I was a bit afraid (fear is the path to the dark side) after reading a lot of negative comments about the game. I got the game yesterday and luckily I don't need to worry about. This game is truly a golden grail to Star Wars fans and worth of every penny. It's atmosphere, feel, everything has been done with love to this game.

There has been all this fuss about JO's puzzles and story line (not interesting, bah!). If you keep your eyes and mind open, this game's puzzles are not hard. (note: If you want to see hard puzzles then play those excellent Monkey Island's and Grim Fandango). And the story line has been a lot better than I've seen in most games. Even if I have just acquired the lightsaber. Even before that I've been proud to the game. Kejim, Artus... they feel authentic. :)

Then there are these ordinary praises for graphics and stuff. It works a lot better than MOH:AA and looks almost as good (ingame cutscenes look a bit weird but who cares), sounds and musics are excellent (John Williams, the best music composer in the world) and the controls.

If I had to give point from your game so far, I'd give 9.3/10

Keep up the good work Raven Software, can't wait for Soldier of Fortune 2.

May the Force be with you... always.

-----------------------

Mauri "Darkblade" Majanoja

Mission designer - Freespace 2: The Babylon Project

Darkblade ~

Have you played MP yet?

If not prepare to lose lots and lots of sleep.

See you in the duel.

BTW I think this game is fantastic. The only thing I don't like really are the stiff animated movement of the in-game cinematics. To be honest it looks like crap. That kind of stuff, though, does not make or break a game for me. The part of the game that I *play* is what does that. I have to say the gameplay of MP sabre dueling is by far one of the most pleasurable gaming experiences I have had. (Except for the people who choose backstabbing as a "tactic". Cheap Cheap imo.)

Anyway I *have* lost lots of sleep since last Friday. Stupid clock keeps saying 4 am when I get into bed.. and I know that can't be right, I've only been playing an hour right? :D

Look for me on the MP servers. :lsduel:

Miasma

I too just wanted to chime in on the game. It is by far the absolute best FPS game I have ever played. Everything is done so well, and the dueling, I could do it for hours. Just tonight I took out a Reborn by doing a flip next to him, then landing behind him in a crouch while swinging the saber. I have never played a game where I was able to do anything like that before. I absolutely love any type of sword fighting or jousting and this game is great for that. I have loved Raven ever since SoF. Keep em coming Raven. And thanks for not letting me down this time lucasarts(ep1:racer and ep1:TPM were horrible, you should all be ashamed of yourselves for those two).

PS. Obviously it doesnt really matter to me as I still love the game, but does any else think Kyle looks like a monkey when we walks while crouched?:duel: <-----I love this

Archived