Home

Missing starfield? **SPOILER**

Nelinator

I am at the point where you are searching for the shield array on the doomgiver and you come across a turret you can control and shoot at tie fighters as they pass by. Seems to me there should be a starfield as a background to those tie fighters flying by, but I get a pale yellow background instead. I also notice this in the big window on the deathstar mp map in the hangar. Anyone else notice this? Is there supposed to be a starfield in these places?

There was a comment about certain video cards not being able to draw a star lite background and It would appear to be different color of sorts. I believe it was the Geforce 4 cards that had this problem and the fix was not to use the Detenator drivers but use an older version driver.. I cant help you much because but I have a Gf 4 and the newest Det. drivers and I have not had a problem..

Good luck

I've had this problem with my old Geforce2 (which is the same card as the Geforce4 MX, BTW) before my Geforce3. Certain drivers made skybox type skies (an example would be Q/Q2/Half-life/etc.. skies vs Quake3 skies) give off a HOM'ing (Hall Of Mirrors) like effect. I had this problem with Quake3:TA (they used the old skiebox effect in most of they'er maps). The normal shader effect of the texture of skies moving worked ok, but when a map used the skybox effect I got the HOM. I fixed it by downloading different drivers.

Archived