Home

Single-Player Demos?

MacNab13

I haven't tried every possibility, but according to the Raven support site, it's only MP. : (

So I guess they'd have to fix that in a patch.. I hope they do, I'd love to be able to record easter eggs and cool tricks to share with friends. That'd really come in handy for strategy guides and stuff.

Thanks for the reply Kurgen.

I scoured the Raven tech site also, but found no info (I probably just overlooked it).

I can't understand the complete lack of interest in this subject by the other forum members. Maybe most of the membership are just hardcore MP fans(?). Although it seems that many here really enjoy the SP game.

What with the stark differences in saber combat between SP and MP I would have thought most players might be interested in being able to do this for the very reasons you stated and more.

I've been stuck with a slow internet connection for years with no relief in site, so SP and LAN play are really my only options.

But, the ability to record single player demos would be a terrific tool for developing strategy...not to mention just fun to watch.

I was really hoping there would be more interest in this than there apparently is.

I think it's more likely that your post got swamped in the many others :)

You'd probably also find more interest in the SP part of the game on the SP strategy board. Most discussions here do seem to be MP.

I've fiddled around with some console commands, but haven't found any way to make SP demos. It's weird, considering the fact it's the Q3 engine, but perhaps Raven actually removed it from the engine for some reason.

It is quite sad. My double kill on two Tavions within a second of each other is something I would have liked to have immortalized :)

Creston

Actually there were a couple of us looking for this feature when the game first came out ... the conclusion was if there had been you'd have seen demos all over the place.

I'd love to see this feature added, if just to watch some of the incredible saber fights we have against the SP bots.

Archived