Home

help winxp sux

Guest tie_ace666999

Guest tie_ace666999

I recently got a new computer and friggin win xp wont let me play XWA, when i click to start the game from the menu, it goes to a black screen and then boots me back out to my desktop, no error message or anything. WTF, i have the newest version of XWA, so what gives, any similar problems

I'm running it on a new system I built a couple of months ago and haven't had any problems with it. I just installed it a couple of days ago. My new system is a xp 1700+ (1.47GB), GeForce3 Ti200 and SBLive 5.1. My former system that XWA ran on was a k6-2 400, Viper 770 Ultra and SB LiveValue!. What a difference a couple of years make. I figured it would run better with the new system, but I didn't realise how much better everything would be. It's like a whole new game. It doesn't look like a game that was released this year, but perhaps a year to a year and a half ago. I also got a new HOTAS, the Afterburner (Thrustmaster). Very nice control, indeed! :) On a side note, I also re-installed Episode I Racer and Rogue Squadron. Both of these titles run just as well and are as much fun. This afternoon I started a new game of Rogue Squadron and got the first four golds before I left for work at the school computer lab (from where I'm currently typing). I'm so glad that I found these games again!

D (flying high)

Archived