Home

Collision detection?

toolboi

Let me start by saying that in SP collision detection is TIGHT. You dont visually make contact, then you dont hit.

However in multiplayer I find that the contact detection is hideously off. At first I discounted this as lag, but seeing as my pin was sub 100 most of the time it seemed odd. For instance, I noticed practicing with a friend that his slashes (red stance, so they are easy to see) would slice by me at times and kill me, or go right through me and not do any dammage.

Ok, so its lag I thought, and I loaded up a bot match. Lo-and-behold I run up to a bot, dodge right+slash (so that his saber is on the other side of his body, no chance of hitting me) and I hear my guy go "uhh" as I loose 5 hit points (the same as if you walk into some ones stationary saber). Not only that, but the bot never swung his saber, so there is no way that it could have hit me. I could almost understand this with the sheilds (they are circular after all), but with life it seems... odd to say the least. (And while were on topic, why the circular sheilds in MP? Why not have them close to the body like in SP, or at least an oval so that they dont spread so much.)

Now this little jab wasnt a one time deal, I started to notice this throughout the match as well as swings that would go through guys (as well as their swings that would go through me) without dammaging, and totally missed swings that would somehow hurt.

Is there something that Im missing, or am I on to something?

Archived