Home

Is there a way to keep 1st Person Perspective with Lightsaber???

Mammoth

Thanks Danny, but I mean in Multiplayer. I'm used to a straight 1st Person Shooter perspective in multiplayer games & would REALLLY, REALLLLY like to be able to turn of 3rd Person in Multiplayer.

So, any suggestions would be much appreciated.

i even put this in my autoexec.cfg

seta cg_saberAutoThird "0"

and nothing happened.

but knowing what i know now i am satisfied to use 3rd person because it allows for acrobatic moves and to roll faster than running with light saber.

the change from 3rd to 1st person is pretty quick too

especially the minimal delay in firing a weapon when switching from saber to gun compared to switching from gun to gun. Good way to encourage holding a saber most of the time ;)

Hitting "P" in multiplayer does NOT work for the lightsaber. It works for all other weapons, NOT the saber :(

So, I'm still stuck. I hate that 3rd person perspective in Multiplayer. I have had the camera swing in way too many weird directions & I lose the person I'm fighting.

I figure, if I can follow a tau-jump in Half-Life (which is 1000 times faster & higher than a force-jump), then switching to 1st Person Perspective in Jedi Knight 2 should be a piece of cake.

So, my problem still exists. I can't switch to 1st Person Perspective when holding the lightsaber in Multiplayer. Is there ANYWAY to fix this?

Nobody can switch to first person view with the saber in multiplayer. When asked, Raven just confirmed you can't do it and said nothing on if they planned on changing it.

Likely it will be fixed in a patch, as they said they had some tweaking to do with some of the force powers. That's what I heard, anyways.

Archived