Home

Spinning Saber Tricks

DarthCobra

I found a thread on some forum somewhere.. cant seem to remember where. Anywho.. this guy posted a demo of a saber spinning move. But nowhere in the thread did anyone explain how it was done .. So after a little practice and a little help from a buddy .. We made this short demo.. He was having problems recording or not i guess. And the saber gets locked at one point .. But anywho.. heres a link to the demo (requires darthmaul skin)

info: place file in base/demos dir start multiplay load demo

http://www.artloco.com/cobra/frontspin.dm_15

Now as far as how to perform this move. Basically wanna throw your saber out pretty far.. and press the primary attack. Step to the right/left before it returns to your hand and continue holding the primary attack key. You should be able to move around pretty well and be able to jump some .. Not sure if its me lettin go of my much overworked mouse button .. or hitting walls and stuff also..

In the previous mentioned thread .. It was suggested to try to work out a little routine with several ppl doing this at the same time .. just for kicks.. anywho .. we made a start with it .. hope everyone has fun with this .. But remember .. its not much for real attacks... but its a fun move.

On another note. I have been playin with avi output on demos to encode to divx/mpeg2. And im having a couple problems

#1 how to enable cheats in demo mode

#2 how to capture the sound

TIA for any help/feedback

Archived