Home

tribes and tribes 2 vets

Low Rent

I've played Tribes and Tribes 2 since the beginning, as well as every other fps it seems. I've been in a few average base tribes and some fairly well respected ones.

Recently the Tribes community has been lackluster and I was wondering if there were any more refujees who are making the conversion to Jedi Outcast.

Teamwork, Respect, the ability to have fun, and maturity are all required.

I feel like a successful T1 or T2 tribe is the perfect team setting.

I am looking for a group to join who can hold those ideals and make a successful Outcast group.

I dunno man.... Tribes 1/2 are completely different games from Jedi Knight 2.

Especially if you're looking for full on teamplay style fun.

JK2 has some team based modes.....but if you want the full on team thing> wolfenstein is probably better.

To me JK2 is (even on team based settings), still pretty much a one man thing (especially with the one on one style of lightsaber fighting)

Tribes 2 is the best game ever. As soon as the other FPSs get a jet pack, deployable defenses, vehicles and team play, I'll be there too.

As far as a Jedi Knight 2 tribe, Force Drain is too all powerful to make dueling on here interesting. Other than the Shrike Strike in Tribes 2, most fights between people requires more skill and less bs tricks.

Actually I think as soon as you see more maps for CTF and CTY you'll begin to see a change in Ladder play for JK2.

I play both T2 and JK2 on the TWL in team play.

T2 has many cool features, but if I want to play Tribes 2 I play it.

JK2 has it's own strats, do you balance your force powers based on position, based on what the server limit is set at, etc.

If they added flag tossing to JK2 I believe it would become a much better team oriented game in that respect.

-LoS- Fyunch Click -SoUP-

Ive played Tribes 1 Shifter for years. I own Tribes 2, and hate its guts, really. Yes, it has cool toys like jetpacks and shrikes. But public server play is impossible and that, frankly, drives me nuts. I'll be swinging a light sabre many more times than I will be firing a disc launcher for a while.

I run a NZ/AU tribes for tribes 1 (base) called lFl Limb from Limb and we (some) of us are moving into Jk2 and forming a new clan called ((BS)) Black Sun. Atm team play is sorely lacking in MP jk2 games, and FFA is only fun for a laugh.

What we need is way more CTF CTY maps to play. Infact I was hoping for more quantity in the initial release.

Tribes 1 is by far the best fps multiplayer game i've ever played, rtcw and jk2 come close to it. Tribes 2 was just poop =o, Dynamix tried to make it better than tribes, but in the end they just slaughtered the whole tribes concept and game play.

Teamwork, Respect, the ability to have fun, and maturity are all required.

All those are great to have in any teambased game. I still think the jk2 ctf lacks some things to make teamwork happen. But duel and ffa si win, vey!!

Glad to see a buncha tribes players in another game, im not a refugee because I still play Tribes =), but this game has really caught my attention....lightssaber....and forrcee...lol. ph33r my n00b lightsaber skills

-Darkstorm

Former {III} Third War Academy in Tribes

Yeah well i like tribes 2 not played t1 but i heared it was better.Font get dessapointed by jk2 though remember it uses quake 3 arena engine that is highly moddable and ravensoft officially anounced that they will release the tools and i think some people are testing the map maker or something.

think about it,

On single player u get At-At (so we got vechicle ai)

ther are also deplyable turrets on the game(there we got ai for the turrents and for a stationary one we could just make the model bigger and set damage higher)

raven soft anounced that u can have new models,animations,skins.

So tell me ONE reason why cant we make jk2 tribes 1 like :p

lo'ts of teamplay and lots of options.Star wars world has many things dont forget and most of the star wars game dont use them.(prolly licence stuff) but tell me why would lucas be angry with someone that makes him more money :p .

Dont forget how half life got REALLY up.

hehe counterstrike did his job there so we could make a ehem star wars rebirth :-)

Tribes is hella cool!

My only problem with it is taht in all the servers I find, there are like 3 cappers (inc me) and then 90% of the others are either Base Raping, Mortar whoring, on full time D, or some combination thereof...

****ing weak!

I am pumped for JK2, I am getting it this afternoon!

woohoo!

Snow

Thats the thing in tribes, everyone has a job to do. Some people specialize in capping, while others specialize in Heavy O, Base D etc..

Thats what i dont like about jk2 ctf, everyones running around like mad doing whatever...not a real team gameplay. Its like they just pushed all these multiplayer game types on jk2. They should have made it a little more made for the game..if you know what i mean. Like rtcw, stealing objectives and stuff that specifically made for the rtcw game play. For jk2 there could be some allied jedi assault..i dunno

-Darkstorm

so far I havent played any jk2 MP game that has come close to the kind of fast team based gameplay that tribes 1 offers.

t1>jk2>t2 - not that I play t2 :p

Atm jk2 is best for FFA and duels.

Hopefully the ladders and new maps will make CTF take off as thats the best game type IMO.

Originally posted by Darkstorm

Thats the thing in tribes, everyone has a job to do. Some people specialize in capping, while others specialize in Heavy O, Base D etc

See thats what I'm looking for...

I think at the moment JK2 is great for duels...especially on a slightly slowed down server. I played a bit of ctf and wasn't into it as much cause of the lack of teamwork.

I think it could be definately made more teamwork oriented with a little thought.

The force helps a lot... you could have pullers/pushers and grippers trying to stop people from getting to the flag. Or you could have a combo of a gripper and a person who hacks them down while gripped.

You have people using speed for either capping or chasing. A chaser would want to use drain to drain the force outta the capper etc..

There are a lot of possibilities...I'm just looking for a group of people who want to explore them.

I have too played Tribes 1 and Tribes 2 from the beginning, and I am absolutely in love with the game. I have been the leader and have also been the part of many successful clans, 2 of which were or are currently #1. I have a team currently and plan to be competitive. This team will involve teamwork and communication through roles. Everyone will have a set job to do. If you are interested and feel you have skill to compete with a top clan, please reply or send me an email astanbro@hotmail.com

The team is Eternal Fate and I will be putting up a website shortly. The ladder we currently are competing on is http://www.teamwarfare.com

Thanks for your interest,

EF_HeavenAndEarth

Archived