Home

Kyle Katarn: Jedi Disappointment

cj7816

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Digital_Ronin

Not quite. I pretty much dug into this lightsaber thing and it is nowhere stated anywhere in the SW canon that water would put out a lightsaber.

Okay.. Episode One.

Obi-one is running away from those droids on the hover vehicles, light-saber in hand, but it is out. He mentions that his light saber got WET... hence the reason it is OUT.

that is why your lightsaber won't work in Jedi Knight when you go under. Just be thankful it doesn't stay 100% true to the movies in that respect and have it stay out for a few minutes afterwards.

A true lucasian workaround :)

He means that the electronics got wet and short-circuited, although that doesn't say anything particular about the behaviour of a saber blade underwater.

But I agree, this is a valid point.

(Still I have some problems seeing "Episode1" as canonical. It is, of course, but it just *hurts* to hear that the force is based on microscale biologic symbionts instead of being a mystical force. Bad pick, lucas... )

Oh, and about that website - amazing. Never saw such a thorough analysis. Even worse than what I did back then. :D I especially like his almost-physic theories. :)

Digital_Ronin

:tied:

Archived