Home

Locks up in MP

broodmceto

I bought this game yesterday, and have only been able to play it for a total of maybe an hour.

My System:

AMD K6-2 500mHz

256 MB RAM

18 GB HD

Diamond Monster Sound Card (I forget which model, but it can piggy back on an existing sound card)

Hercules Prophet II MX 32 MB AGP video card

The first problem I had was in the SP setup. It would lock up in a way that made me think the resolution was a problem. SO, then I realized I needed to install DirectX 8. This seemed to clear up the problem. Then when I play, unless I put the sound quality on low, it would be really choppy.

Now, in MP, it just doesn't matter. It will do that same lockup no matter what. It's just a matter of time, and it really has nothing to do with the setup screen. If I sit at the setup screen, it does it. If I host a game, it does it.

Lastly, I have a problem with severely slow load times. To go from starting the game to actually playing the game is an extreme wait (computer speak = over 4 minutes). I've consulted some FAQs, but all it says is add more ram and drop your settings. Well, I did that and there was no significantly different wait time.

I also ran a much needed defrag to maybe help things along. Still no real difference. I've contacted LucasArts about the resolution lock up, but haven't heard back as of yet. It's only been about 20 hours or so, so I'm not really upset. Just impatient.

I originally wasn't going to buy this game, but a friend, who evidently has a monster machine, showed it to me and I was in awe. So now I have it and can't really enjoy it.

i will give you an answer, but not one you might like to hear

how old is your video card?

time to get a new one. But im having problems playing online, loading map takes ages and stutters too much.

maybe this game does not like Athlon chips.?????

i have the following in my PC

Duron 1GHZ

G-force 3 Ti 200 (get one for 149.99)

131 meg ram

audigy sound card

DTTS 2200

since I've posted, I've gotten the game to work alright. I was able to find the lastest driver for my Prophet II MX (which is less than a year old) and everything seems to be working better.

Now my problem is that the game locks up when I exit a multiplayer game. Any suggestions?

Archived