Home

Emergency: Uberskins 1.0 in danger!!

Rajess MoDuron

Okay folks, I do all of my internet from my workplace. I am in addition to paralegal, a network systems admin with absolutely NO training. I'm learning on the job. Sorta like jumping from a plane with a bedsheet, but I AM learning.

Anyway, I cannot iso ports on the router, as I have no access to it through Telnet.

If someone knows sonicwall firewalls pretty well and can tell me an alternative, it would be appreciated. I have access to the control panel on the firewall, so just tell me what to do and I'll do it.

But at the moment it looks like website upload is only choice. If you have an FTP that I can upload to without a client, let me know. If you have a website with nonemail upload, let me know. If you have ICQ, hit me up and maybe we can try that. I've only tried AOL transfer, but that is ****ty.

Thanks!!

On the Verge of Ripping His Graying Hair Out By the Roots,

Seth

So if I am understanding you correctly what you are saying that you are at work behind a firewall and cannot connect to an FTP site.

What FTP client are you using? Because you might try setting your FTP program to use PASV (passive) mode. Passive mode uses a PASV command instead of a PORT command. Also all data flow is initiated inside the network which is most firewalls like better.

Sorry, I have never used SecureFX. You could just look around in the options for a firewall section and maybe a PASV mode option.

Personally, I use LeechFTP which is just a freeware FTP client that works for me.

Another possibility is to try just using Internet Explorer w/ the format:

ftp://username:password@ftpsite.com

I think IE may use PASV mode by default.

Archived