Home

RAVENSOFT/LucasArts Cinematic(s) Editor?

The Immortal

Ok, I've finally got to break down and beg to the gods for it!

I have, like billions of others, been a long time fan of Star Wars.

I've been playing games since I was born I think, and for years my favorite and usually only game was Counterstrike until Jedi Outcast came out and I haven't thought of anything else since.

Would there be any plans, or any chance on earth, of releasing a cinematics/cutscene editor for jk2? Or perhaps a demo editor the likes of "KeyGrip" ?

I have already released some movies made with quake2, there is an art form for making real-time films with 3D engines called "machinima"

you can peep game at http://www.machinima.com

I have always wondered why software houses always keep their cinematics tools to themselves and now I start to realize the precious value of them, and how they might shed light on other aspects of the game engine or code, which may or may not be a bad idea for copyright reasons? A couple obvious examples are Aliens vs. Predator ][ and Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

It would be great to have a cinematics editor for any of these games, for the purpose of making my own feature length animations and movies, or simply for my own custom cutscene if I want to make a single player map or map pack.

Why is this so wrong to do?

Why am I so wrong to want this?

Oh, the horror of it all!

Please Raven gods, come through on something like this and be the all time deathmatch development champions. AGAIN!

Archived