Home

Permanent Saber Colour Change?

Lost Welshman

Please help me, i am working on a Dark kyle mod and i want to know how to get his in-game saber to be orange.

I have made it orange in the cutscenes, by editing the npcs.cfg but it is still blue in-game, i used the cheat but you have to keep pressing the button i binded it to, id there ne way that i can make it orange from the start of the level without pressing any buttons

I don't know how. I tried setting the color in the config, but it screws up, and it makes it impossible to change the color using the console.

So... Here's what I did to cheat the system.

Instead of binding a seperate key to change the color of the Lightsaber with each level load, I did the next best thing: I binded the color change WITH my primary Lightsaber keys. This includes binding the color change with the primary and secondary attack commands, weapon scrolling, and weapon 1 select functions. It's a little much, but it all becomes seemless when I play. Now whenever I select my 'Saber - however I do it - it automatically changes the color of my weapon. 99.99%, I never see the original blue 'Saber during gameplay. It's that reliable.

To bind more than one function to a key, just use a colon ";" between each command. For example, let's bind the color change to the Lightsaber select function - which we'll call 1. You'd type the following:

bind 1 "weapon 1; sabercolor orange"

Do this for all the other weapon select functions (like "next" and "previous") and both attack functions, and you're all set. Really, it sounds much more complicated than it really is.

Archived