Home

Save Games

Thejedimaster

For some wierd reason, I haven't been able to save over any of my games. It just creates a new save game.

Also for some reason after you die, the game loads from the last checkpoint insted of the most recent save game.

But my biggest problem has been after I die (in SP) I cannot load another save game, the bar goes a little way then stops and the hard drive light stops blinking. If I hit escape, I can get back to the main menu. But I still cannot load my game. I have to quit it the program and restart to load. This just really pisses me off. Help me!!

Just so you know, I never have had messed-up saves of any sort. I love the game, just if I could only get the hang of my lightsaber...

I am having the exact same problem. I must close the game entirely to load a saved game.

This is truely irritating because I die quite often. The redroom was maddening trying to find the solution on my own.

Enter room.. die.. quit game.. restart game.. load saved game..

Lather, rinse repeat..

AARGH!

If anyone has a solution please let us know.

Nice to know I'm not the only one with that problem.

I tried emailing tech support about it and they just said it was a problem with my Voodoo card and to get the newest driver for it. Which I said in my original email to them that had gotten the latest driver for it already. Well least they actually responded to my email.

What is your guys PC specs? Maybe then we can find what the problem is.

My PC specs are:

AMD Athlon 1400MHZ

512 MB Ram

Voodoo5 5500 AGP

Windows 98 SE

I have been getting used to my lightsaber so no worries there.

However, I found recently that the save game that you first load, will be the only save game that you can load. The exception this is when you load a new level, then you can only load the beginning checkpoint. saved before a big encounter and get killed in the ensuing battle. Just restart the game, load that save, get killed, click when the death screen appears, and you will be back at the save with a very small loading time:joy:

I dont konw if this is simlair, but i have noticed a save game problem when you have over 99 save games. The whole save/load system goe sa little funny. I have selectivly gone through my save games and removed the ones i dont want to take it back below 99 and it works fine.

I haven't had problems when loading up save games, but ability to overwritten previous file was something I would have wanted to have while playing. See, I like to keep my save games as minimum as possible, so I want game itself to create a new save file ONLY if I haven't highlighted previous one. Also, I want to name every new save game, even though game can suggest level name as default.

Yeah man, I bought into the sinking ship that is voodoo, and have a voodoo 5. It freezes sometimes on teh load screen, but i find it's kept to a minimum if i wait till after the death animation to hit my quick load key.

BTW any idea where to get new drivers? I have the ones installed that came with the disk

Guys, that's a MAJOR problem on many systems with the loading. The bar stops 1/4 through, with no HD activity. However, it IS loading the save game, it just takes forever. Upwards of 4+ minutes for many people. Hopefully, it will be fixed. Until then, you gotta put up with it.:(

Just thought I would post my specs since I have no trouble whatsoever running, playing, or loading saved games (in fact, I played about 7 hours straight the other night):

1000 MHz PIII

512 MB PC-133 RAM

64 MB Nvidia TNT Ultra

Windows XP Prrofessional (updated constantly)

Norton Internet security (virus definitions updated constantly; there are many silent viruses that can play havoc with a machine and you'll never know it. It's very important you get the most current virus definitions and do once-a-week full system scans to keep your system virus free. Norton Internet security also a really good firewall to keep remote users from hacking into your system and messing stuff up...really important if you have a broadband ISP)

These are the main specs that affect running programs, load times, and freezes. The real key is RAM...get lots and lots of it. I have had no probles whatsoever with my system since I upped my RAM from 256 to 512.

Hope this helps!!!

Actually, that is not a bad idea, posting your sepcs, so i will do the same. I havent had any problems with the game either, and my initial load time for any save game takes at maximum less then a minuite- subsequant loads of the same map about 5-8 seconds

Here is my specs

AMD Thunderbird 1.4

Abit KT7 m/b

512 mb pc133

40 gig 7200rpm EIDE

geforce 2 pro 64mb ddr

Win 98 SE

Hope this helps

Graham

In reponse to Triger Hapie, RAM is only important when loading maps for the first time. When you quick-load (like when you die) Most of the map information in already in RAM so all that it loads are NPC placements and such.

My Specs are:

AMD Athlon Thunderbird 900 Mhz

Abit KT7 m/b

256MB 133Mhz-SDRAM

3dfx VooDoo 5 5500

Win ME

Note: Hard Drive specs are not needed as it is a storage medium. If any of your problems are Hard Drave related such as having bad sectors, re-format it and re-install the OS. Back-up your stuff because re-formatting erases your entire Hard Drive. THIS IS NOT A KNOWN SOLUTION TO OUR GENERAL PROBLEM.

Archived