Home

Getting tired of the Quake III engine....

22_InFeRnO_22

Originally posted by 22_InFeRnO_22

I dont think the Quake III engine was the best choice for a Star Wars game. Not graphics-wise... Hell they rock !

Now, dont get me wrong, i love this game. I havent stopped playing it since day 1. I havent played any other games since JO was released, except for the occasional Warcraft III game.

Nothing like admitting to being either a beta tester or a POS pirate.. ;)

Back to my point........ This is more for the multiplayer aspect. Quake III was made for an action packed arena, where you mostly die, repsawn,die respawn,die, etc... Jk II is pretty much like this also. Which is sad in a way, because so much more could have been done for the Multiplayer side. The Teamplay side could have been exploited more, like objectives and stuff, with bigger maps and stuff. Too much focus on FFA, which in my mind, doesnt belong in the Star Wars universe.... Just imagine.. Day of Defeat style, ut in the Star Wars universe, NOW THATS A GAME !

UT? If this game had been released on the Unreal engine, I would not have bothered with it. I expereinced all that hell I wanted from Epic with UT. 8 months of patches, upgrading hardware, bios updates, and "trickery" with various parts of the engine, and still non-voodoo users were wondering why framerate went in the toilet as soon as another model came into view. I gave up, and wasted $40 on them, never again.

I am happy they used the Q3 engine over the Unreal one for certain. Possibly Max payne or the Serious engine would have been good choices, but raven knows id software engines, can we say Hexen, SOF, ST:VEF? So ....... Besides, this game used the Team arena version of the Q3 engine, and the engine has nothing to do with the game styles, in a week or 2, we'll have an SDK, and an expansion is likely in the works, maybe make some noise about good multiplayer game types, and see what you can get in the expansion.

Archived