Home

Having problems creating an Internet game

SAGOA

Hi all!

I've been having some problems creating an internet game with JK2. A friend and I would like to play privately so we can practice our saber fighting.

Problem is who ever makes the game, the other can't find it on the list (I know about refreshing and all that). Tried running a search for player, says it doesn't find. Entered IP number, he can find mine, but it says 0 players are in the game and when he tries to join it get's hung up. When I try to enter his IP, it won't let me. His IP starts with 172..... I type 1 then when I type 7, it erases the 1. WTF????????

This all seems awfully more difficult then it should be. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

I was having the same problem getting my server to show up for my friend....Never could figure out how to get it to show in the list....BUT we did connect through IP....One of you needs to create a New Favorite (button at the bottom) and enter the other's IP address in it....Then change the server list source to favorites and viola you can now join that server....Worked for us

But would appreciate any advice on why the server doesn't show up in the Internet list (Doesn't show on GameSpy either)

Archived