Home

Boba Fett Model

BloodRiot

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snowfire, just because its a custom character, doesnt mean it isnt Star Wars related....its a Jedi...how much more related can you get? =P do we have to wait for lucas to show us every single jedi that served in the galaxy before it becomes "official"? ;)

-Abs

Without. I doubt lower end systems will encounter problems unless theres more than 10 of the fetts in the same room. How often will that happen?

And if they do... go buy a better computer =P. Recent games are going to require high end systems from now on anyway...

I don't know what to say, but like Luuke, I have a high end system, so It wouldnt bother me as much to have them released as is. I feel selfish though....hmmm...

But I'll have to say as is... :fett::jango:

I'd say.. Release the model in an hour or so to tide people over, then do a rerelease in a week or something, if LoD's are important. If the model is fine and dandy on everyone's machine, don't worry about the LoD's. I dunno much about modeling yet, I don't even know what LoD's are for... :o You guys are doing a great job, though. Release it when you are ready, and if you are ready, then go right ahead. =P

Originally posted by XSnowfireX

Im offended by your post Luuke, because I still have a damn 500 mhz computer. Anyway, why dont you release both things. The one without the LODs(whatever they are), and the update adding the lods

sorry, didn't mean to hurt anybody with a bad computer. i was playing on 400MHz until i bought my new one 6 month ago.

so didn't want to offend you!!!!

Oh, and Abs and Blood rock da Houz!!!

Missing a few LOD's wont hurt that much.

The model will work without them.

It's just a measure for making the lower end systems more confrotable when the models are away.

LOD means Level of Detail.

It's like when a model is right next to you you see a top detail level. As they walk away from you... you start seeing the other lod's that have lesser amounts of detail (you wont see the detail anyway cuz they are far away) so the lowest detail looks like a virtua fighter 1 model... but since it's far away you cant really tell.

Lesser polys... less cpu effort.

But i doubt the absense of LOD's will slow the frame rate that much.

If the ppl decides for no lod's... which seems to be the case... I will post an update pack later on.

Decide now once and for all. 40 minutes left.

Me is equal. I just want to be the poster number 1000 :D on this thread.

But if I have to choose I would prefer models with level of detail, as long as the no LOD ones are released tonight.

Because this way you have the time to do it without all the whining Jango/Boba wannabes.

Archived