Home

Drain Fix Poll

DarthSilliness

How to fix Drain?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. How to fix Drain?

• Gradiated damage: Drain3 only takes you to 25%, Drain2=50%, Drain3=75%
    • Absorb doesn't show unless currently absorbing
    • Drain heals both parties, if light has absorb on.
    • A combo of some 2 or more of above
    • None: it ain't broke.

Option #1 is the equivalent of saying "drain works too fast", here's how to oppose it.

Making it do less draining in the same amount of time is in essence the same result as having it do the same amount of drain in a longer period of time.

BTW Darth Silliness, this is Razer :)

I would be all for Absorb glowing blue only when you are hit with force, and/or making it impossible to drain unless you have less than 100 health (not an option up there)

TDS

Plain & Simple, Drain and Lightning should not be blanketed powers. They should be single-target only. Now i'm not one of those players that is whining because I keep getting my a$$ kicked from players using those powers. In fact, you use lighting or drain on me and I charge yur ass relentlessly. Why? -Because I am pretty skilled w/ me saber and dont just rely on Force-Powers to win;) -Seriously, it's pretty uncool to be fighting someone and get zapped or drained from another player who's not even targeting you and fighting someone else while your trying to fight someone.:rolleyes:;)

Drain is the only way a dark player can force heal... as long as the heal amount is not reduced I don't care. I don't see that there is anything more cheap about drain than anything else.

If there is then its probably as Sithinator says and its blanketed. Where I don't think it's multiple hit is that bad the spread might be reduced slightly so that you would be hitting a smaller area with it.

Actually, I haven't found drain and lightning to be really that annoying. I've found that HAVING to strike a light side jedi with a red-saber attack to kill him (because otherwise he just heals and heals and heals and heals) far more annoying than anything a dark-sider can do in mp.

In essence, the way that works mandates that people abandon any attempt to do anything but dive the pile.

Drain won't get nerfed super bad, live with it. Dark Jedi's most powerful force is drain, Light is Absorb. both neutralize the force of the enemy being used on the other and fill up either force/health with it. And before you go saying 'Dark jedi can target to suck, light jedi glow so nobody will use force on them' Well Dark side is OFFENSIVE, Light is DEFENSIVE. Neither force is annoying if you know how to counter, or better yet run if its a FFA game then attack when you know your ready have them drained or absorb on.

See in wanting to do all this crap to drain you are basically saying 'we want dark jedi to be easily killed from now on if we are light' Drain is the counter to light's absorb/heal, and Absorb is counter to all of dark's powers. Nerf Drain too much and you make it so the dark 1. can't heal, 2. can't counter light effectively.

Drain works abit too fast yes, but what you are suggesting is a little overboard.

This is what will happen with Drain:

1)Won't drain as fast

2)Will give mana if absorb is on

Thats it, You won't get some lame thing 'can only drain you until 25% is left of your mana so you have a chance to fight back' yeah right, Then I want absorb to only drain my mana if I lightning till 75% =p

Just remember you start asking outrageous things for drain to get nerfed, people will start doing the same to absorb =p I mean come on lets make Absorb use more mana I like that idea, OR wait how about it gives me mana if the person hits me with absorb on YEAH thats good too.

pfft

...is that absorb drains your mana almost as fast as drain. So what use is it to use absorb? That was the reason I propose a "cap" on drain. It also makes sense in terms of the SW mythos. If someone has a mastery of the dark side, they would be able to tap into the force energy of another being. They shouldn't however be able completely remove the force energy, it should be gradiated on their level of mastery.

Or what about no drain if you aren't injured? Otherwise where is that drained forced energy going? (Third law of thermodynamics sort of.)

I am not trying to nerf it up, I am just trying to balance it out. I do think that there currently is an imbalance. I prefer to play light side, and will continue to do so, but don't want to be total fodder. As it stands now, if a dark tries to drain me, I will turn on absorb, and lose power almost as fast, and then they can grip me like a rag doll. Then the only defense (absorb) is taken away as I don't have any mana left.

The one way around this is to challenge people to duels. I have found that darks that are not very good, (and rely totally on force powers) will not accept duels. Generally, if someone is a good light, they are better saberists as they don't have that "crutch". This is not always the case, but has been my expierience for the most part.

The real measure is this: look at any server (and players on them) and observe these facts:

1> most of the players at the top are darks

2> most players who choose dark max out on drain, grip, and then lightening in that order.

3> most players who choose dark max out on absorb first but don't have a consistant second choice. (For some it is speed, others protect, others, sight, others mind trick)

4> look at light/dark team matches and see which wins more.

Try playing exclusively light for a week if you currently play exclusively dark and see if you notice. I have tried both, and like I said, even though dark is easier, I chose light for other reasons. Or better yet, find a player that is almost equal to you, and play on opposite sides of the force and then switch. Which side wins? Or do the same thing with bots, and see which side wins.

One thing I want to ask about drain. What is it about drain that slows the framerate so damn much? Most people wont notice it, but I do as whenever someone drains (esp if he's draining mutiple ppl) my framerate goes down to like 5 fps. THAT is the reason I cannot defend against drain, because someone can drain me, then come over and slash me with his saber before I recover from the framerate drop!

Archived