Home

Seeking what Absorb really does :D

pds-saint

Ok, I've read a lot of posts about explaining the different force powers, but I'm still a lil confused over this one. How does absorb work, what does it protect from? How does it drain your force. I get so far that it slowly will drain your force, and you can turn it on and off at will, and that it protects from grip, drain, and lightening. But I have read numerous posts about how it can negate the effects of push/pull as well. Is this true? I sometimes feel like push has no effect on me, and other times I am still pushed into a pit with absorb on. I wonder if it's just whether I have force to counter it or not. Can someone shed some light on what exactly absorb does? Thanks :D

Absorb takes two force "bubbles" to turn on. At that point, it will slowly drain away your force meter.

While activated, absorb will negate all force attacks (lightning, pushes, pulls, ect...) and will absorb a percentile of the force used to initiate a force attack on you. For example: if you are in a grip and you activate your absorb, you will get a huge chunk of your meter filled up as well as breaking the grip.

The reason you may feel like absorb does nothing when being pushed is the fact that push still has a *minor* nudge effect when absorb is on. If you are mid-jump and someone pushes you, you might miss your landing point. I suggest you stay on the ground or "over jump" in such a scenario.

Hope this helps.

Mavital

I was playing against a friend last night who was using Dark Side powers against me, and I was countering him with Absorb.

He told me that not only did it negate the effects of his attack, but it also drained some health from him.

I would have to say that Absorb is definitely one of the best Light Side force powers available, especially if you can hit it quick enough.

Archived