Home

Editing Jans accesories

Pseudofun

Hi, i want to make a Mara Jade skin for the Jan model, i did read somewhere about removing certain parts of jans model (vest, goggles etc)

i was just wondering if it's as simple as extracting the files, and removing the lines in the model_default.skn file, i tried this and it didn;t work, if some expeirienced modelers out there could point out the correct commands it'd be a great help

io just want to get rid of the jacket/vest thing and her goggles.. ta

^_^

i managed to remove the gogles by pointing to a texture that isn;t there, but when i remove the vest i just get a blank area...i know the torso texture is there, it's just been masked by the invisible vest skin..

any ideas? someone must know

I dont know cuz I havent even tryed or looked into it... but maybe the vest texture is in the same tga file as the chest, and therefore when you point to a tga that isnt really there the chest goes with the vest... maybe assigning the chest to another tga.

Just a thought that occured. :)

hope it works cuz I'd like to see a good Mara Jade skin.

when you view all the texture files, there is a texture called 'torso' which is just her underclothes (same colour as her arms) you can even see the shading work for her *ahem* bosoms..so there is a texture there, i'm just wondering if this texture is drawn under the 'vest' texture? i suppose i could just point the skin file to the torso texture and let it draw that instead of the vest one, but i want to get rid of the bulky vest

i'm sure theres is some kind of no draw command i can put into the skin file, i just wanna know if i'm wrong, because if you can remove the goggles surely you can remove the vest...

I still don't remember where I found it, but I have a decent skin of Mara Jade that uses the Tavion model.

marajade.txt

Just so you know, the eyes aren't actually all white...in game they do show up. I'm just too lazy to unpack the referenced eyes, blah blah...

Until we are able to edit the settings in the glm file there's no way to remove the vest from Jan in multiplayer, though you can in singleplayer by editing the npcs.cfg file.

But this is what she would look like if we remove the vest.

shot0007b.jpg

By the way, the Tavion model can have the feathers turned off. So your Mara Jade model would look better if in your skin file you enter nodraw instead of pointing to a texture. I would wait until after you finish the entire skin though, because the editor gets very annoyed when it refreshes the textures of it says nodraw.

I am using the same Tavion model for a new female character that has not been done yet. It is an existing StarWars character, and I figured I would cater to the few female players out there since there are not really much of a variety of female characters. Especially like this one. Look for it soon =)

Archived