Home

What happend to all those pretty, reflective floors like in the screenshots?

Scarlet Widow

we're not talking about the "shiny" semi-reflective look that's created through simple multitexturing.. that's very common for the metalic textures in Q3..

am talking about the full reflective floors, where you see a mirror image of everything.. does anyone know where this is used in the game? it's not a hardware feature.. so any video card should be able to produce the effect..

I've got a GeForce 2 GTS (only 32MB) and I've never seen any reflective surfaces either. I'm wondering (like hughJ) whether it's more related to CPU power than graphics card capability. I wonder if the game has some sort of intelligence that disables fancy features below a certain clock speed? I'm running with a 1.3GHz Thunderbird Athlon and 512MB of PC133 RAM - any specs out there for people who *can* see the reflections?

On another note, am I the only person who's annoyed that the "Lightsaber" only gives off light in certain parts of the game?In the original JK (DF2) you could use your lightsaber to find your way around in the dark as it actually gave off light all the time.

In JK2 it only lights up a random bit of wall or floor and the stormtrooper's armour. This looks very pretty, but now you have to resort to using the Infra Red Goggles in the dark which jumps it back into 1st person view, eats up batteries and looks grim as hell! :)

I'd be interested to hear what you lot think? Cheers.

Archived