Home

How to rid some Unwanted Poly's....

Infinity Blade

I realize that this might've been covered before, but I thought I'd just offer it to those who might be interested and not know about it.

But before I tell you.. I'm obligated to say this:

!WARNING! : I have tried this out and have yet to test it in an actual game. I know some of you might want to do this, but if the situation arises where you do this and it goes awry, don't blame me.

I was experimenting with the imperial skin and wanted the hat and skirt, but not the pocket on the arm. I had no idea how to remove the pocket until one time I forgot to put a texture in for one of my custom skins.

I proceeded to use the officer skin in a custom pk3, but deleted the key.jpg for the pocket on the arm, and it disappeared when I was in the game. The rest of the model was displayed perfectly, there was no hole in the arm, and playing wasn't altered as far as I could tell.

Now here's the problem. I don't know if it'll cause problems in an actual game, nor do I know what models it'll leave a hole in or not. I only offer this to those who are wanting a basic alteration till the tools come out.

Good luck.

Archived