Home

ATAT duel map teaser

Tems

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

antilles: missed your thread. that fixes my confusion.

i kinda like mine better. sorry. if i didnt tho i would have made yours, if you know what i mean. 'sides, i stil want to make an ATAT map (which i am) and id rather not use someone elses brushes to do it. thus, ill keep working.

-Tems

Originally posted by Tems

wait now im confused. showcase other peoples work? did i do that?

new thread? l2.0 youre confusing me now. and which points or was that sarcastic.

LOL! Sorry about that brother. I was speaking of the guy who was using your thread to promote his level. But it's nice to see you're back with me now. :D

Okay... someone took my post way out of proportion. I WASN'T promoting my level. I was just showing that I had one planned too. It's not even a full level yet. I was just sharing my work. I wasn't trying to compare it to Tems' either.

So don't get upset at me.

And I designed it from schematics, so it is really close to scale, and porportionate.

Tems, from what I've seen, you do really good work. I'm not trying to stop you, and I wasn't offering my ATAT for you to use. I was just showing my work.

I don't think it was innapropriate to post mine, because I wasn't trying to compete.

And if you guys don't like the way mine looks, fine.

antilles: sorry for the misunderstanding. i agree that it wasnt your intent to showcase your work. i do enjoy the textures you've done. I gave up on the complexity of textures i had planned in favour of using more brushes. You managed to do this quite well tho. I'm interested in what else youve done. I'll keep my eyes peels for more screenshots of your work.

again i apologize for the hassle.

-Tems

Originally posted by Cmdr. Antilles

Okay... someone took my post way out of proportion. I WASN'T promoting my level. I was just showing that I had one planned too. It's not even a full level yet. I was just sharing my work. I wasn't trying to compare it to Tems' either.

So don't get upset at me.

And I designed it from schematics, so it is really close to scale, and porportionate.

Tems, from what I've seen, you do really good work. I'm not trying to stop you, and I wasn't offering my ATAT for you to use. I was just showing my work.

I don't think it was innapropriate to post mine, because I wasn't trying to compete.

And if you guys don't like the way mine looks, fine.

No, you took it the wrong way brother. I didn't feel like going back another page and finding your name, so you became in essence "the other guy posting images of his map to Tems thread" - And nothing else. And I never said I didn't like the map, simply that I agreed with Kx on the skinny part. And you may have built it to spec from a schematic, but if you did your schematics are either wrong, or unofficial. I have tons of official schematics here, and have even sent them to Tems for him to construct his AT-AT, and all I was really trying to say was a legs were to thin width-wise...

But I digress...

No problem. I'm just glad you're not mad at me.

Actually, do you play Elite force? There was a Star Wars map made for it that uses my ATAT (I released it as a prefab to the EF community) It's called 'Platform Battle,' and you can get it off of http://www.effiles.com

All my textures were made in Photoshop.

I'm not really an artist, but it wasn't too hard.

What did you use for reference? I used the Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels. I actually took measurements of the schematics to try to get everything to scale. I think I need to make my legs a little bit wider, though. (about 8 grid Units wider would be good, I think)

Actually, seeing the brush work you put into your ATAT, I'll probably update mine with a bit more detail. (mostly in the legs)

Maybe you can explain what kind of map you were planning on making out of it... That way I can avoid making one JUST like it.

BTW, your tatooine map looks beautiful. ;)

thanks stitches. and thanks for keeping my 2 posts close to eachother on the list so i can check em both when i only have a little time :)

antilles: i use photos from ESB. L2.0 sent me some pics after i had made it and i used those to fix proportions.

the map is a small duel map. I don't want to give too much info for it, but i will tell you its called "Return to Hoth" and includes some wreckage and a lot of force jumping. not too much tho.

Tomorrow i'm going to go about making all my snow textures for the map. I also need to finish optimizing luke vs vader's snowspeeder so i can get that skinned.

progress progress progress.

-Tems

Yeah, I figured you didn't want to give too much away. I was also planning on a small duel map... Mostly because I'm too lazy to build a larger one. ;)

Either way, I've got an idea that involves a lot of func_somethings I want to try out... Besides the theme, I don't think our maps will be too similar.

That's if I even release mine. I have a bad habit of scrapping maps. :D

Either way, I look foward to seeing what your :atat: looks like.

No problem. I'm just glad you're not mad at me.

What did you use for reference? I used the Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels.

I used the Star Wars Technical Journals. Hundreds of pages with schematics on everything: AT-AT's, AT-ST's, Star Destroyer, Victory class destoryers, Excellsior class, Turrents, Sabers, you name it. :)

Bookstores. Barnes and Noble, Borders, Schulers (i think thats local to my neck of the michigan), Tower even maybe. the B&N website would be a good place to start.

ooh hey im a tusken raider.

-Tems

Brilliant! BRILLIANT! I love AT-ATs. And jesus, those pictures of from RS2 made me whimper.. But, if I can give a few /suggestions/...

1) Please, please, please don't use snow. Snow is like... too sterotypical (Note: I love the way they used /water/ in RS2.. How original :D)

2) How about making a base nearby.. an Imperial base or something? Give the feeling of storyline around it... Instead of making a crashed ATAT (Or you could make it a kneeling ATAT, being fueled or something. Gives a chance for an SP level)

3) You rock. I love AT-ATs. :> now, if only I could get pictures for my Star Wars MUSH RPG character for it.. (Imperial Commander, AT-AT commander) :D

-Darth Caedes-

Well if you want,

you could make a duel map based on the landing pad in Imperial base on endor.

Just have the AT-ATs around the pad.

If you wanted to carry it beyond a duel map, you would make it so you could mess around under the pad.

vesentec i was thinking about that (just watched ROTJ)

ok so snow is trite.

im not going to have a base. someone else is working on a Hoth map w/ the bae. a couple perople even.

ill think about grass. im a fan of winter tho, so i don't know.

uni: i see. yeah i dont think it was his intent either.

antilles: again i apologize.

-Tems

So what EXACTLY is the title?

The one I'm using right now (with the AT-AT schematics) is called: Star Wars Technical Journal. It was the first one. I believe there are 3-5 more now as well.

L2, thanks for the info.

Tems, no need to apologize. :)

I didn't want to give this away, but I was *thinking* of trying to make the ATAT appear to be walking, and if you fell off it, you died... Just an idea.

Oh, and that Platform Battle map for EF I mentioned is just what you wanted, Vesentac.

Thanks, Uni. I just wish I could find that punk that stole my name here. :D

Archived