Home

ATAT duel map teaser

Tems

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What can I say Tems? MOST impressive ;)

One idea, for those modders out there, is that perhaps a mod could be made called "Battle for Hoth"?

If you were to use this in a SP mod, you might not even have to worry about animating it, as you could use the "shaking screen effect" thats used in the Kejim Base level (when you destroy the generator) and add some modified ATST sound effects? then you'd only need your (rather stunning) ATAT standing there looking pretty after the journey?

I dunno, I'm effectively just opening my mouth and letting my stomach rumble (or at least the text version :p )

Great map Tems! As an original JK mapper, I have a few suggestions (concerning aesthetics and playability):

1. You should add a landing platform as seen on RoTJ. This would give players a place to duel and add more usable area to the map. Also on RoTJ, the platform looked like it had 2 levels with an elevator.

2. I couldn't tell by the pictures how big the ATAT is, but you should make it huge. It should include a good sized cockpit (good for heath and/or weapon pickups) and a large troop staging area (maybe big enough for a duel?).

3. I wouldn't try to focus the level around the ATAT completely. That would make the level have low replayability (this is where the landing platform will help).

Hope this helps. Keep up the good work!

NOTICE, I AM NOT PIMPING MY LEVEL.

I think Tem's is pretty big too, but I don't know. I can say mine is really big. And, I've started hollowing it out. So far, you can walk through the neck into the cockpit, which is pretty big too. (a lot bigger than I thought it was). And, there's a big troop area too.

As for the platform, like I said, maybe LivingDeadJedi will convert his excellent EF map 'Platform Battle' :)

Well, it's not much of a shot, it's a drawing from a technical manual or something, it shows the cockpit, and a little of the interior, which is practically two floors on top of each other with seats for the troopers, a small room in the back where there are speeders, on the lower floor there is the door from which the stormies repel down. I'll try to get a scanner up and running so I can pass it on. :atat:

Spot on work there Tems, be proud of yourself ;)

I normally map for RTCW using Gtk but I couldn't resist the allure of JK2's Radient (which is great apart from the damn camera).

I'm working on a Endor Landing Pad duel map, I've had it planned for months so I hope people don't think I'm stealing ideas, that would be cheap.

Anyhow keep up the great work m8 and I can't wait to see the finished product.

if you read my tatooine thread you know this already. if not, hi.

finishing touches are being made on the map. it will be released by wired lamp studios in a pack. until then, im afraid i can't give you any more screens.

sit tight. it'll be out soon.

-Tems

Are these ATATs operational - ie not bots or humans but NPCs? How did you get NPCs working in multiplayer mode?

I've been trying to build a map using the existing ATSTS - esp the driveable one and I can't get it to work at all except in SP mode...

I'd love to try making a map with AT AT models too though...

im guessing that they arn't actually models of atat's but level geomitry in the shape of atat's meaning that they are either static or will have restricted movement such as lifts and doors a model would be cool but it probably wouldn't show up in multiplayer and you probably couldn't go inside of it like there planning on doing another thing they could do is animate the background to make it look like they are moving but in reality they are just sitting still

but however you are doing it it looks really cool best of luck

Awsome job so far... just one question, how did you get that sky to emit light in your screenshots cause im in the middle of a bespin rooftops level and i cant get any sort of light from my skys... even the ambient light from a worldspawn entity wont work (maybe im not doing it right or something)

Ive opened my own thread and even posted a few questions in other peoples threads but so far i havent got an answer yet.

Ohh and once again the ATAT looks really good... might even put it in one of my levels when its released as a prefab:)

Im assuming your using JKRadient so if you are will you help me with my problems.

Archived