Home

new cheap move and unblockable.

leelink

I have experienced this just recently. I may have it wrong but some people can test it further. If you use drain on someone and drain thier force you can push them and you dont have to be close and even if the person isnt move a muscle it cant be blocked. (or at least i have not been able to do it succesfully) you have to use drain and then push right afterward. so on maps like ctf_ns streets you can own people, because they wont have a defense against it. you just run backwards as they rush you and then wham, you push them and give them the short way down to the floor.

Problem with absorb is that it takes less than a second (880ms I believe it was timed out to be) to completely drain an enemy's force power.

Considering ping times range around 100ms and you have standard human delay factor, 1/2 of your force power will be drained before absorb gets activated. Now, since absorb drains your force power anyway - you're doing the guys job for him. As soon as your force power runs out, he'll grip you or push you over the edge.

I don't mind drain giving health to a Dark Jedi, but the rate at which it drains an opponents force power needs a significant nerf.

I would have to agree on that. I have always said that all the force powers are balanced but after learning about this new (lets call it cheese) cheese move it hardly seems fair. the drain is entirely to fast to counteract. you could run but on a map like ctf_NS STREET there is no where to go but down. on other maps they could just do drain and then pull or push to knock you to the ground and then use a strong stance saber to kiss you good-bye with. Nerfing the drain seems more realistic or allowing someone to block after drain has been used should at the very least be allowed. I would push the guy back but by the time you can react your force powers are gone and your airborne.

Absorb prevents the force pool from being depleted at the "drain" rate, and prevents the drainer from gaining health. Absorb keeps ticking away at your force pool though at its standard rate. For every other power, Absorb gains force mana.

A good way to think about it is that a L. Jedi with absorb on facing a Dark Jedi who is either a) away from the comp going to the bathroom or b) is using drain on the absorber....either one has the exact same effect as far as the LJ is concerned.

IMO, since drain is attempting to take away force power and absorb attempts to regain it, it would make sense that while being drained, the absorber loses no force pool...they cancel each other out.

The most balanced nerf of this I think would be to simply *not* have the absorber glow bright blue constantly. Have him only glow when a power is used on him. That way whether to drain or absorb is more of a strategic , risk/reward system.

the drain rate it too quick to react to, i agree...

at least yeah the glowing blue thing tells the d. jedi: don't drain me right now, do it later when i dont have absorb on (and even if i had enough force for absorb it would be too late to react to drain)

Originally posted by leelink

I have experienced this just recently. I may have it wrong but some people can test it further. If you use drain on someone and drain thier force you can push them and you dont have to be close and even if the person isnt move a muscle it cant be blocked. (or at least i have not been able to do it succesfully) you have to use drain and then push right afterward. so on maps like ctf_ns streets you can own people, because they wont have a defense against it. you just run backwards as they rush you and then wham, you push them and give them the short way down to the floor.

You're wrong. I've tested this numerous times. Countering a force push/pull deducts no force power from you pool whatsoever. It doesn't matter if you're drained or not, you can still defend against them.

Your Push/Pull powers aren't levelled up enough or you're jumping or attacking when they try to push/pull you.

Archived