Home

Blade skin... not too good... :(

Jepman

bladeskin.jpg

Ok so its not so great, but I can't match wesley snipes face at all with JKO models, because the shape of the head is so detailed so I can't really do a great job until I can remodel and add sunglasses.

Yea the hair doesn't totally match blade's either because all the models in JO have big afroish hair :p and the model has the shape of the hair so again I gotta wait till I get the model sdk.

SOON I HOPE!!!! :mad:

The SDK wont really add anything for skinning.

The skin looks fine, but you could probalby use some work on the face, and if you use some more color it will shine.

You dont have to use just brown to make his skin, you can have purples golds and blues underlying to give it a more real look, and when making his armor you should keep this in mind too. It looks like you went grey and then shaded it with blacks and whites. Adding color is what really shows the difference between Skinners and skinners.

Also note, the skin can make up for alot of geomentry that isn't there. Outside of having to deal with the eyes and teeth, you can fake things like his lips could probably go over the poplyed area defined as the lips and noone will notice.

Keep it up!

An advice, Jepman...

You should try to render the part directly beneath his chest (muscles) a little darker.

A deeper shading to create the impression of a bigger chest part.

His torso looks a little too flat, as is.

Of course, I am not aware if that is something you would have done anyway.

The skin looks quite good, thus far.

Eager to see it finished.

CheshireKat : "The SDK wont really add anything for skinning. "

It wont add anything to skinning I know that, I'M not dumb, I even told that in other threads. I said it would help me MODEL. REAAAAAAAAD MODELLLLLLLLLLL. So I can make a bald head instead of having a crap load of hair like that.

I'm not mad, just hate when people make comments like that.,

About skins adding more to geometry, that goes for body, not for a face in JO. Cuz for the face u have to deal with the shape of the head , and the eyes are modeled so u can just decide the shape like say in games where they give you a model with pretty muich a bald head with a classic shape that u can fit just about any face and make it look similar to the guy like JK

ANyways thats my bit of b***ching for today.

O.K, O.K...

Just relax.

I understand your SDK comment now.

As far as the face, I'm talking about the facial features. Cheeks, and Lips are what stand out the most. Wesley's cheeks are very defined, and high. And his lips are much fuller than what you have so far. I think you can probably still bring these out, even with the model limitations. The eyes are a definate problem, but probably workable if you have some good reference pics of him without the glasses. But his eyes (if I remember correctly) are very large, so I'm not sure.

Just trying to help.

Would it help you to use the Jedi model at all? If I'm not mistaken, his head, or rather his hair, is just painted on. Granted Wesley Snipes had a Flat-Top Fade (I think its called that *shrugs*) in the movie, but making the hair design more round (i.e. no flat-top) wouldn't be so bad.

Just my humble 2¢

Once again I find myself quoting Octavius...

He has something most useful to say on the topic of a bald head in JK2.

quote :

(by Octavius)

"[...] in SP there is a prisoner who is bald,

he is Prisoner2 in your NPCS.cfg, and is enabled by turning off the head, head_face, and head_face_eyes of the prisoner, and then turning on the off sections for those places. It then has the wonderful bald shape for the head [...]"

quote-end

Just in case that puzzles you...He is referring to lines like these :

head_off,models/players/prisoner/head_02.tga

head,models/players/prisoner/head_01.tga

Exchange the _off part of those two lines and do that with all other lines which are concerned and you should have a bald man.

Archived