Home

Help! MP and SP errors!

Tekkaman Slade

I've been playing JKII single player for about a week now. I'm currently on the streets of Bespin level in the SP game, and have encountered a strange error. I can no longer save the game without relying on the checkpoints. When I click save, I get the message in the top left saying "game saved 'filename'", however the save does not appear in my list and there is no image. I'm hoping this will fix itself in the next level, but I thought I'd check for help anyway.

My MP problem is a little larger I think. The program won't run. SP has been flawless for me so far, but when I try to load the multiplayer game, it freezes on the console right after "detected CPU.....AMD w/3DNow!", then I get the usual XP message saying the program needs to close. I'm running Windows XP.

If anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated. Thanks!

I've managed to complete the SP game using the quick save feature, so I'm not going to worry about the save issue anymore. Here's some more info on the MP console before the crash:

----------------------

14685 files in pk3 files

execing mpdefault.cfg

couldn't exec jk2mpconfig.cfg

couldn't exec autoexec.cfg

Hunk_Clear: reset the Hunk ok

...detecting CPU, found AMD w/ 3DNow!

Obviously something is up if it can't load some needed files. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

sounds like your cfg files are either missing or bad. I'd try uninstalling and then reinstalling. Or perhaps just look on the CD for those two files, and copy them over to your HD.

Those files are config files, for JK2... I know in Q2 the main way of setting up key's was to go in and edit the autoexec.cfg file.

Well I did a fresh install of the game (including a delete of the registry keys), ran the MP right away and still nothing. The config files don't exist because I have yet to run MP at all. I can't, and I have never been able to.

This seems like a rather large bug. I consider the MP portion of a game to be almost half it's value, and I can't even launch it, despite the fact that I have yet to have a single problem with the SP program.

If anyone else has any suggestions, please post them. I guess I just wait for a patch now.

Archived