Home

Mace Windu skin-need help

krysar

Im making Mace Windu skin and I nead help. So someone who is good at making skins please responde. I nead someone to make bot support for the skin. And yes I cant decide fom witch org skin shud I make it from Reborn or from Luke?

As there are no real bald skins, I'd wait for the SDK. That's what im doing, as I plan on doing Mace after the battle droid. I've knocked up a very basic skin to get an idea, but its no use atm, given the lack of decent colouring and my inability to draw etc, and ill probably redo it from scratch.

image9.jpg

Once again I find myself quoting Octavius...

He has something most useful to say on the topic of a bald head in JK2.

quote :

(by Octavius)

"[...] in SP there is a prisoner who is bald,

he is Prisoner2 in your NPCS.cfg, and is enabled by turning off the head, head_face, and head_face_eyes of the prisoner, and then turning on the off sections for those places. It then has the wonderful bald shape for the head [...]"

quote-end

Just in case that puzzles you...He is referring to lines like these :

head_off,models/players/prisoner/head_02.tga

head,models/players/prisoner/head_01.tga

Exchange the _off part of those two lines and do that with all other lines which are concerned and you should have a bald man.

Prophet :

That head skin looks truly amazing !

Originally posted by Kijinn

Just in case that puzzles you...He is referring to lines like these :

head_off,models/players/prisoner/head_02.tga

head,models/players/prisoner/head_01.tga

Exchange the _off part of those two lines and do that with all other lines which are concerned and you should have a bald man.

does that work in the .skin files for multiplayers???

Well...

Yes...and no...

I was trying to do that at home (after I quoted Octavius here)...but failed.

I think it requires a little more than just reassigning the "_off" postfix...But I did not yet realize what it may be.

I assume it has something to do with the manner in which you can create the "invisible skin".

Do not ask me how that can be achieved, though.

I have observed the effect myself.

Accidentally turned the torso of a model invisible by editing it´s .skin file.

Likewise you could disable the jedi and prisoner model´s hair part.

I wonder if someone else could specify how to "turn off" model parts correctly ?!

Ya similar thing happened to me. I added an extra letter by mistake on my /face.jpg and for got to change the directory for the head and my bot had no head...it was kinda cool, being the kinda bot she was... a hellraiser cenobite sith....hehe,

Background: Each image is composed of 3 greyscale layers (Red, Green, and Blue) which determine the intensity of each hue. To create an image with transparency effects, you must create a fourth channel (Alpha 1). Areas painted white will be opaque, areas painted black will be 100% transparent.

JPEG files do not support four channels. You must save the file as a 32-bit TGA file.

Application: Open a skin (let's say head_02.tga) and create a new channel (assuming it only has 3 - I'm not at home so I can't check). Fill the new channel with black, then paint random white stripes over it. Save the file as a 32-bit TGA (TARGA with transparency enabled - 24-bit doesn't use transparency).

Load the model in the SoF2 mod viewer. Under options, enable Alpha Blending (right beneath Show Wireframe). You should see a model with a very messed-up head. The only visible areas of the head texture should be those defined by white areas on the Alpha 1 channel (for information on how to create channels, RTFM).

Like I said, I'm not at home so I can't check this particular model, but this technique can be used to remove the shoulder pad and collar (for example) on the Jedi trainer model.

The .skin file just points to what images should be used for a model under different circumstances. If you made the torso disappear, you just pointed to an image that didn't exist (prolly a typo). When I get home I'll check out the prisoner model and post how to get a bald head on him.

Your right I just tried it on JediTrainer and he has a clear zebra head.:laughing:

EDIT-- then I tried to remove his stupid looking pony tail, and now he has a huge hole in the back of his head where it is suppose to be. so not sure how we would go about getting a bald head.

That is valuable information, FuShanks.

Thank you.

Any idea what all the Stormtrooper.caps in the jedi and prisoner .skin-file are for ?

"Enabling" them provided the prisoner model with some black long gloves, pants and boots...

But doing the same with the jedi model gave nonsensical results.

(Though, both models (folders) consist of mainly the same data...The only difference would be the suit they wear).

Originally posted by Compsith

Your right I just tried it on JediTrainer and he has a clear zebra head.:laughing:

EDIT-- then I tried to remove his stupid looking pony tail, and now he has a huge hole in the back of his head where it is suppose to be. so not sure how we would go about getting a bald head.

The geomtry has to support it. There are no polygons under the base of the ponytail, so if you render the ponytail invisible, it will show a hole. However, if there's a bald player in SP, then it's possible to have one in MP. It's just a matter of finding the correct model/skin.

The technique can be used for any number of effects, tho. If you want a blue Jedi ghost skin, then just create a new layer over the skin, fill it with light blue, set to "Color" or "Overlay", and adjust transparency of the layer. Then create an alpha channel and fill it with something like 33% grey (RGB value 175 175 175). Do that for every part of the skin and you'll end up with a translucent model, much like Kyle's dad in SP.

You can also create a robot (like the Lucy model in Q3A) by masking certain areas on the Alpha 1 channel. Create a skin with a cybernetic arm, complete with see-thru gaps between the gears and servos.

Or even a post-swan-dive ESB Luke with missing hand. ;)

etc.

this might not belong under this topic, but i saw mace and had to post. i'm working on a darth maul right now, and i've freehandedly drawn his face with hood in photoshop 6, however, it's me, and it's freehand, so it sucks. how do i get it too look anything like mace up there? it's all right the way it looks...for freehand, but if i could get it that quality, even if i have to start over, i would gladly do it.

Originally posted by FuShanks

The technique can be used for any number of effects, tho. If you want a blue Jedi ghost skin, then just create a new layer over the skin, fill it with light blue, set to "Color" or "Overlay", and adjust transparency of the layer. Then create an alpha channel and fill it with something like 33% grey (RGB value 175 175 175). Do that for every part of the skin and you'll end up with a translucent model, much like Kyle's dad in SP.

SWEET that will give me ALOT of CenoSith idea's.. :evil6:

God I hate it when someone 10 years my junior is so much smarter than I...LOL...j/k

Archived