Home

For Serious Modders

BloodRiot

A lot of people are already into skinning which has its share of complexity and we have a lot of good artists among us who pay a lot of attention to detail which is great for everyone.

Some of us are already giving it a go at modeling as well such as me and, as far as i could tell, sithlord-II and CheshireKat.

Others are already buiding maps such as the Sarlac Pit with Jabba's Barges and the Hoth scene with the AT-AT Walker which will surelly host some great Multiplayer Games.

Anyway.. the modding comunity is growing rapidlly. Even though our hands are still tied behind our backs waiting for the SDK's to come out, people DO try and are already working on stuff.

Now for the purpose of this thread....

I'm doing the Mandalorian Model wich is going great... but I've stumbled across a long time problem on my models... I never did learn how to UVMap the model so I could skin it. I asked CheshireKat for some help and he promptly directed me to some good tutorials wich I had missed.

This type of help is crucial, and I'm sure a lot of modders have their own problems. I feel it's time we unite in some sort of way to produce better quality mods that will keep the interest in the game alive for a greater time span.

If the Modders like, we could exchange e-mails or other forms of contact so that we could help eachother, and maybe even create a good Modding Team in the future when the SDKs are released.

Assigning shores would be great to reduce the number of repeated models/skins.

If people prove to be trustworthy we could even share work...EG: "I can model good enough... but that guy skins a whole lot better than me... so I'll just finish my model and send him so he can do a good skinjob on my model."

I'm sure programmers and scriptters will join us pretty soon and a good full scale mod for the game could be done.

This is a sugestion for a hobby. I'd like to know if anyone is interested. Please e-mail me if you are interested.

bloodriot@netcabo.pt

Ya all be good and keep on working. :)

It's for this reason I requested a better set up for Editing.

Kinda Like Polycount or Q3world.

Example:

Models and Skins

Mapping

Modding

All in there seperate catagories.

Then we could use a good moderator to get rid of all the Spamming and keep it to editing.

Modders could run over to the Mapping and Modeling forums and reauest Modelers who are interested and so on and so forth.

But I've noticed alot of Posts on such things a Console Commands and How to Get The Secret Skins in the Editing Forums.

We really need to keep this situated. Otherwise Posts are quickly lost by Spam!

Not only that, but then you keep your expertise in the proper area, and requests won't be impossible to get answered...

Just a thought.

Yea, I totally agree (on the whole mod community e-mailing thing and on the law of scrolling). I mean, I can make some cool new gun scripts and effects; but last night I started skinning... I put it in-game and it ended up looking like Luke with a white skirt and fluffy collar!!! (screenshot of it later) So i'll stay away (far away) from skinning and let the pros do that. However, for effects and maybe even level design I could do alright.

Emachil

lordmalichio@hotmail.com

I do a good bit of skinning right now, and when the tools become availible, I will do a good bit of modeling, and also some code hacking, but as for level design, I really don't have the patience :)

I'd like to team up with some modders maybe in the future to work on some MultiPlayer Co-Op maps.

Having both an Editing Central and a Mod Central is kind of redundant, don't you think?

Not to mention confusing. The two forums need to be integrated somehow, or at the very least placed next to each other on the main forum menu.

:fett::jango::jango::fett:

Archived