Home

Netcode hit prediction severely biased.

Joruus

I've been playing the game alot, and generally play on servers where I get anywhere from 50 - 100 ping.

I also run my own dedicated box and connect to it at about the same.

Something I've noticed is a bit interesting about JK2's hit prediction.

It seems incredibly biased to players with higher connections.

In example. I've had duels with people with sabers that have 150 or so ping, with me at about 80 ping.

The interesting thing I've noticed is that I will often take hits from them in periods where on my screen, I am facing them and am on the defensive. Now, normally, they should not be able to land a medium saber strike through a level 3 saber defense. But this is too often the case.

And even more wildly, I will get out of range completely on my screen, and still occasionally take damage from a pass that occurred before I retreated.

Saber throws also will occasionally sneak damage through a defensive stance, full face, not throwing behind or to the side. But it only occurs with people that have higher latency than I do.

Also, on the reverse end, I notice the occasional swing of mine thats no where near them on my screen will connect and kill them. And have on more than one occasion, seen my blade pass right through their model's neck and score absolutely no damage.

Now I'm not saying that this happens so often as to make the game unplayable, but it seems to me that some improvement on the hit prediction code may need some attention.

Archived