Home

Plz help!!

SkyNet

Ok you know alot of ppl are makin darth maul, how do they make his face look so much like him in real life? I know you get it from a photo but how do you put it in the skin? Plz oh plz help me and one last thing how do you make the cloths have that nice noise to them?

Well, I assume you know how to edit the jpg/tga files that make the skin of a model.

First you grab a nice reference picture of what you want to do or sketch it.

Then get a nice photo editor like photoshop 6 or as some sugest illustrator.

For the clothes I draw the basic wrinkles of the cloth in a really simple fashion... like medium grey with a little darker grey wrinkles.

Then I apply a filter in photoshop called plastic wrap which, if it works fine (sometimes it doesnt... if so just play with the greys to give it a lil more smoothness) should give you some sort of plastic like clothing. Then you can play with other filters and brightness and contrast.

I used this method to make a leathery cloth. I blurred the clotha bit to loose it's plastic appearance and reduced lighting. With the lighter shades gone it started looking more leatherish and not so plastic. Then it's tunning up time.

Experiment a lot with the filters.

Remeber the reborn shirts? like when you are at Bespin in SP and you make that last jump where you meet the first reborn?

You can see the texture in the reborn's shirt pretty well... to give that effect you can also play with some filters afterwards.

If you need more detailed hand just let me know.. I'll help if I can

Archived