Home

i wanna kill things easier

Exar

i think that in sp it shouldnt take 3-4 hits to kill stormtroopers with a stormtrooper rifle. its tricky enough to hit them, let alone when you need to sit and pick off one guy multiple times and you gotta clear out swarms of em. also with the disruptor rifle, it should kill with 1 hit for sure. (other than sniping even).thats not a real star wars disruptor based on how it functions compared to every other description of them(even the one in the manual). anyways is there a way i can adjust the enemies damage thresholds or make the guns more powerful so its at least like the movies?

I think you can manually edit weapons.dat and change the amount of damage weapons do, can't you?

Or you could edit the strength of the stormtroopers themselves in npcs.cfg...

I'm not sure about the weapon strength though...you can get someone to check that.

How much of that is actually to do with the bounding box for the hit area? Sometimes I seem to shoot through people, especially with the sniper scope. You could swear you hit, but they live and when they move you can see the hit mark behind their head!:(

ya i noticed that about the collision detection. it is friggin hard to hit enemies cause of this. 1 reason why i wanted to make them easier to kill. its just too hard to clear out rooms filled with baddies when you hafta take such carefull aim on 1 guy and hit him over and over. forget about shooting and strafing and actually hitting anything. even when there are whole crowds and i let loose with the blaster rifle automatic alt fire i have a hard time doing any damage, i just burn up all my ammo. it should be more like the movies!

Well, while I was just messing around, poking in config files I looked in the NPC fine and I thought I saw something called dodging or agility or something like that. I also noticed, in that level witht he big horizontal cilinder witht he spiky things that twirled around and disentigrated you if you touched them, when I tried to snipe the jedi at the other end, he dodged the laser repetedly, I had to shoot him in the hip and even then, the still dodged a couple

Archived