Home

aimbot in SP?

tma

Hello, i'm new here and I just bought the game yesterday.

I am playing the SP and noticed that there is some sort of aimbot enabled.

When I move the cross hairs around it seems to jump or move toward targets(when I get the cross hairs close to one).

I was wondering if there was anyway of turning this off.(I looked in the options menus and I don't recall seeing an option for this).

Maybe there is a command in the console?

thanks

thanks for the reply Carl,

Is there anyway to turn that off?

It's annoying as hell.

I was shooting some st's through some pipes and the cross hairs kept jumping around and locking on to the closest object(a pipe).

:(

It is not locking on to the pipes....

It is showing you what you are shooting at!

The gun barrel is not in the middle of the screen, has you can see.

Remeber the gun is lower then the cross hairs so it is pointing up a little bit, so even if there is a pipe that is bellow the crossairs normaly, the gun may have it in isn't line of sight.

The cross airs are smart enough to know when something is in the way of the gun and will move to the object that is in the way.

So i'm guessing there is no way of turning this off.

This seems to be the first game i've seen using this.

I have mohaa and it doesn't have this, just plain old aiming, no smart aim paralax crap. :mad:

Okay, one more time... it isn't smart-aiming. It isn't doing anything other than showing you, accurately, where your weapon will hit if you fire it at any given time. It takes into account the fact that your weapon fires from a different angle than your line of sight (that's what I mean when I say parallax error) and indicates if there is an object blocking that line. And no, I don't know of any way to change the behavior. I think you'll appreciate it much more if you think of it as a laser sight mounted to your gun.

Well... from my days of Biochem (before I switched majors to CS) parallax error was any error induced by reading an instrument at the wrong angle. Here's the formal definition:

par·al·lax

noun

the apparent displacement or the difference in apparent direction of an object as seen from two different points not on a straight line with the object

In the case of JK2, it's the difference between what is in your line of sight and what is in the gun's line of sight. The crosshairs correct for this by showing you what is in the gun's line of sight. Er... not to be an azz. I'm just about to go home from work, and I'm a little bored :D

parallax? My mama doesn't let me use words like that :D

Seriously, though, the crosshair thing is a little annoying at first, but you come to appreciate it.

Finishing your thesis, funky? Congrats. I just started this hell, aka grad school, and I'm about to kill myself. That and I got this game in the middle of a bunch of projects, etc. Guess which one: the game or work.

In console:

seta cg_dynamicCrosshair 0

Parallax error... I miss DooM and Quake weapons; that rocket launcher in front of your paunch was the culmination of accuracy - firing right where you aim, gun's line of sight coinciding with the player's line of sight; basically the same thing with monsters, resulting in Cyberdemons shooting rockets from where a penis should be.

JK2's crosshair is pretty accurate, nevertheless. If somebody played Heretic II, you will know what I am saying. More useless of a crosshair than in that game I have not yet seen. Off for ANY weapon.

Guest Forceflow

well, the crossair might be accurate, but the weapons sure aint. I dunno, I still can't hit a Bantha standing right in front of me with the Stormtrooper Rifle!

Archived