Home

Is this game worth Buying for the MP?

valor23

I actually had to decide between DS and JKII, and being a FPS *****, I chose JKII.

Let me tell you this: if you enjoy other FPSes, give this one a shot. I was hooked from the beginning, if only because of the force powers, which make for *very* interesting fights.

As for PvP, there are Duel servers, and you can initiate a duel in FFA servers, as well ;)

- Twitch

It's a good fps with a star wars theme and a lightsaber. There's also a variety of game modes to choose from. I loved this game since day 1, and I've barely touched the single player. I think it's worth the money I forked out to get it.

I think its worth it just for the saber duels. It takes a while to get used to, but if you wait till you finish SP first (which I highly recommend), you should be good enough to duel in MP.

I do think MP should wait till you finish SP both for saber practice and because you can ruin some of the SP fun of gaining new force powers. Just not as cool if you've already used those powers a hundred times in MP. SP is great but will take awhile before you get to do all the sabre/force stuff so just be patient for the first couple hours of play. It's well worth it.

Like many other games on the Quake III engine, I find that the server locator works extremely well. That's just my experience, but in general you can find servers at the drop of a hat, add your favorites to a, uh, favorites list for easy finding later, and what not.

- Twitch

I personally think this is the best game since Half-Life and TeamFortress. The multiplayer is really awesome. its more personal when your fighting and way more then just a shootem up fest. People actually fight and dont just plant rockets in the middle of a crowd.

(well at least most of them dont)

Archived