Home

Binding animations to keys

Dark Cloak

I made a reply on one of those hideous *grins* butterfly move posts a bit ago, and I figured that the topic is interesting enough to post an actual thread on it. Why not try and figure out how to bind animations to keys? It could make for some very interesting duels...and really REALLY funny-ass demos...just...you could do so much with it. I was digging through one of those many animation.cfg files (yes, I admit, looking at the cartwheel stuff, and the butterfly things as well, oops), and I saw some very interesting names...that I remember seeing happen during single player gameplay. If we could find out how to bind those animations to keys, the results could be astoundingly hilarious!

I agree, I would love to find a way to get those in a game. To see some of them with examples, you can download the modview program from ravens site under the SOF2 area. You can load the models into this program and look at all the animations for each model.

Originally posted by Valdarious

I agree, I would love to find a way to get those in a game. To see some of them with examples, you can download the modview program from ravens site under the SOF2 area. You can load the models into this program and look at all the animations for each model.

:confused: Where exactly ? I can not find it.

Originally posted by Dark Cloak

I made a reply on one of those hideous *grins* butterfly move posts a bit ago, and I figured that the topic is interesting enough to post an actual thread on it. Why not try and figure out how to bind animations to keys? It could make for some very interesting duels...and really REALLY funny-ass demos...just...you could do so much with it. I was digging through one of those many animation.cfg files (yes, I admit, looking at the cartwheel stuff, and the butterfly things as well, oops), and I saw some very interesting names...that I remember seeing happen during single player gameplay. If we could find out how to bind those animations to keys, the results could be astoundingly hilarious!

The only cvar I found that might be related was Activeanimation.

I had read theough the animation information file are realized the cartwheels were defined for any model by definition, so I was going to try and see if you could use the console to accomplish it, but I never was able to successfully set the animation and then execute it.

Originally posted by WhiteChedda

The only cvar I found that might be related was Activeanimation.

I had read theough the animation information file are realized the cartwheels were defined for any model by definition, so I was going to try and see if you could use the console to accomplish it, but I never was able to successfully set the animation and then execute it.

I tried nearly the same. I want to do this Saber Twirl from the SP in a MP duel and found the definitions in one of the animation.cfg's.

But no success using the Commands and Definitions in the Console.

Sure, in SP it's easy, just enter taunt in the console. But in MP taunt is something else.

Archived