Home

Spin-slashing?

Shug3nj4

I've only gotten this move to work while holding back+strafe right + primary attack. Basically, Kyle spins around and does this wicked looking upwards diagonal slash. The problem is that it doesn't come out very consistently, I only can get it to work by pure luck. And I'm sure that the key combinations of forwards/backwards+strafe left/right + primary attack are supposed to work, yet I can only get 1 to work with any degree of success. Can anyone help with this?

[btw: This is in the medium/yellow stance]

I can get that move to work consistently. Like you said, it's just back+strafe+attack. However, I don't think you can pull it off as a single move as it looks like it's the second move of a combo. If you hold down those 3 keys, you start out with a quick diagonal slash, then flow into the spinning diagonal slash. Every time I try to just do one part of it, it just does the opening quick slash. :\

The whirling-dervish style of sabre fighting is my personal favourite - here's how I do it...

in a duelling situation:

1.) strafe left, primary attack -> holding primary (or clicking it rapidly, either seems to work), move the mouse so that your view remains centred on your opponent, you should now do a wicked spin aimed at the back of his head.

2.) run at them -> crouch to roll behind them -> hit back and attack to do the spinning mid-section slash, keep moving the mouse in the direction of the spin and hit primary fire again to do a follow-up head level spinning slash.

running into a melee (IMPORTANT: a melee is three or more people sabering at each other, not two people having a duel! Don't break up duels, it's annoying!)

Preferably have speed on, and proceed as with 1.) above, but keep strafing and turning whilst hammering primary attack to do up to three powerful spinning attacks that lays devastation around you. Then leg it to get away from the survivors!

There are other ways of spinning but these are the most intuitive IMO.

Another 1337-looking move (that has next to no combat use at all) is to hold back+sidestep+attack and then hold down jump. You will do the spinning diagonal upwards slash in midair.

This looks 1337 in the Bespin CTF map if you jump from the side onto the upper-ledge. It takes timing (and would most likely get you killed in a combat situation (attacking without a target means no defense against weapons).

It still looks cool though, especially when you pull it off! ;P

:yobi:

Archived