Home

Anyone using an Nostromo N50 gamepad?

Jacen

It looks pretty neat, but can you justify buying it, since your keyboard SHOULD work just as good serving the exact same functions? Besides which, I've noticed that JK2 requires a LOT more keybinds than other FPS games: Guns, Force powers, and Useable items. It might be good for UT or Quake... but JK2?

I shift from the standard "wasd" setup to "esdf" on all FPS games so I can reach more keys and not worry about tying my left hand in finger-knots.

Originally posted by farmerBob

It looks pretty neat, but can you justify buying it, since your keyboard SHOULD work just as good serving the exact same functions? Besides which, I've noticed that JK2 requires a LOT more keybinds than other FPS games: Guns, Force powers, and Useable items. It might be good for UT or Quake... but JK2?

I shift from the standard "wasd" setup to "esdf" on all FPS games so I can reach more keys and not worry about tying my left hand in finger-knots.

Preach on more about working from the Homerow, brother.

Essobie

p.s. Get a good config for ESDF here .

Originally posted by farmerBob

I asked myself the same question before I brought mine (was playing HL DoD and CS {ugh} at the time).

I found that the answer, for me at least, is a resounding YES!. This unit features 'shift-states' which multiply the number of actual buttons at your disposal. I found it easier having 18 buttons avail on this, than trying to map that many on my keyboard...:D

Luckily, I play saber-only and duel servers, so I haven't had to bind a ridiculous(sp?) amount of buttons, but the potential is there...

I also find it a handy shortcut tool for Photoshop....;)

Originally posted by Robbiesan

has anyone had a problem with the Dpad in JK2? I originally bought this controller to play Bridge Commander and when I tried it for JK2 the Dpad wouldn't respond...

You have to enable the Joystick, in the game config......unless you're using a 'profile' where you've assigned 'functions' to the buttons/dpad/throttle wheel.

I wouldn't use the dpad for directional control, btw. I found it just wasn't 'right', for me at least.....:(

Tai.

Archived