Home

Cartwheel and Butterfly mod...no joke

Irimi-Ai

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i look forward to your feedback. i wasn't too sure about the recovery times, either. i tried doing the force get-up animations without modifying the recovery times and it didn't work that well. getting up regularly was just about as fast as getting up with the force. in both cases, once i got to a ready stance, i was usually dead. right as the animation would end and i was able to move, i would get struck down. i didn't see the point of having force-aided get-ups if they weren't faster and you still got killed. sure, it looks cool, but if you're dead what's the benefit for gameplay? that's why i shortened the recovery time. i could speed up the force get-up animations, but then you miss how cool they look because they go so fast. truth be told, i hadn't extensively tested this feature either. i tried and it seemed ok, but i'm still not sure about it either. if i don't like it or others don't like it, it's easy to switch it back in the next version (which i already know what i'm going to add).

Irimi-Ai

i tried it some more, and i think i like the shortened recovery periods. it makes more sense to me. i think you said exactly what i was thinking, just in a much clearer way. i also noticed that you no longer even have to press the jump key to use a force get-up move. the force-get up moves will happen automatically immediately after the knockdown animation completes. if you don't want to use a force get-up, you can still button-mash the crouch button and it will let you get up normally, so you are not forced to use the force get-ups.

the strong knockdowns with longer recovery time still happen enough to be a danger, so it's not like getting knocked down doesn't matter anymore.

i set it up so that appropriate get-up moves are associated with the strength of knockdown, direction, and defensive/offensive value. i tested it by fighting desann in god mode, setting my force pull/push to 0, and just letting him push/pull me around. pretty cool animations.

do you think the ariels and butterfly animations should be sped up?

Irimi-Ai

i sent out the latest version again. sorry it was a little late. i've been working on the next version. it's almost done. i fixed some sound problems, and i'm adding a couple of neat surprises. hopefully by tomorrow it will be done.

oh, and i did submit two versions to both massassi and jediknightii.net. don't know if they will put it up, and if they do, which version they will put up. either way, i'll probably have a newer one out by the time they post it. i need to get some webspace or something.

Irimi-Ai

just sent it out.

JediBlade, post your email address and i'll send it. the email function is disabled by admin right now.

also, i'm working on a new version still. final exams are going on now, so it won't be out for about a week, though :( the new one will have fixed sounds, and more added animations.

Irimi-Ai

I just want to say thx to : Irimai-ai and mike butler for sending me the version of " cool moves "....

By the way , this version totally rocks but i still find that the forward rolling needs a little reajustement ( it s kinda too fast imo )...

Thx again

Legend Of Khaydarin

oh no! you've found me out!! hehe...Irimi-Ai and Mike Butler are the same person. i just use the email account on my cable modem ISP to send out the file because there's a boatload of people to send it to, and it's faster on the cable connection. oh, and you're welcome!! and thank you for the feedback. the more feedback i get, the better the mod can get.

if more people think the forward butterfly is too fast, let me know and i can slow it down. the next version won't be out for about a week due to final exams and such. though, i check this board every day so i will keep up with suggestions and what's going on.

Irimi-Ai

Archived