Home

Fun time last night!

Chewi Nuts

I would have to say last night is the first night I played with a good understanding of the game. I had so much fun with my lightsaber. I played on a duel server, in which I stayed up for a very long time. I played on a 'Jedi Master' server, where only one person has a lightsaber, and others have to kill him/her with guns to get the lightsaber. I had fun playing FFA also. I'm getting better and better. I did some wicked moves with the lightsaber (on accident of course). A few times I tagged some folks with the reverse thrust that seems to do massive damage (as I killed them in one strike).

Ok...more questions on force powers. Do the force powers you have available depend on how far you get in the single player game? When I scroll through my force powers, I only get push/pull. When I was playing 'Jedi Master' mod, I got all of them. What determines what forces you are allowed to use?

You get more force powers and upgraded levels of existing force powers as you progress through the single player game, yeah. They often coincide with the appearance of new puzzles in the game, like if all of a sudden they give you Force Jump level 3, expect to be making some insane jumps in the upcoming mission.

Before you get flamed with RTFM, allow me to explain.

Your force power configuration is located in the ingame selection menu. To access it press the "escape" key once. Go to player, then choose configure force powers. TADA! They are NOT reliant on the single player, as the 2 are completly differnt as you no doubt have noticed. Also some servers decide how many force powers you can use at one time. :D

oh ...btw...RTFM

Silent Wolf - Yes, I know about the force config menus. I have read the manual also. It just seems like when I use my force powers, besides push/pull, they don't work. When I scroll through to select force powers to use (IE using 'next force power'), only push/pull show up. I have also tried to bind specific force powers to specific keys, yet they still don't work. For example, lightening. I bind a key for lightening. I see others using it.....but when I press that key, it don't work for me. I have tried it alone, I have tried it near enemies...nothing. I guess that is why i'm confused. I'm not sure if i'm doing anything wrong or not.

When you are in MP make sure you have selected Dark side on the player screen to turn on those powers. Otherwise you'll be styuck with your neutral force powers. Perhaps this is the problem you are having.

If not then I'm unsure as to a solution except to say practice on some bots.

Originally posted by Fyunch Click

When you are in MP make sure you have selected Dark side on the player screen to turn on those powers. Otherwise you'll be styuck with your neutral force powers. Perhaps this is the problem you are having.

If not then I'm unsure as to a solution except to say practice on some bots.

Awesome! That is why...i just know it! Never noticed you could choose light or dark powers on the player screen. Gosh golly gee is my face red.

Archived