Home

My rant

Foxbatkllr

Ok, so everyone else had their chances to rant, now it's my turn to get a few things off my chest.

First of all, I joined a server the other day that said "saber off=peace" in the actual name of the server. And when I joined they told me not to strike anyone down who had their saber off. So I start out, the very first guy i see has his saber off, so I just calmly run by and ignore him, obeying the rules of the server. Next thing I know this @ss does a saber throw into my back. I turn around to look at the biznitch who did this to me and guess what? His saber was back off again! What the hell? I thought saber off=peace on that particular server, not "I will always win because every time you go to kill me, i'll just turn off my saber." So what did, I do? I struck him down unarmed. Normally I don't kill anyone who is unarmed but this bastard deserved it. Why am I complaining? because it was otherwise a very good server with great ping and i thought the rules would be good but of course I had to leave after I did that.

Now for the obligatory strong stance rant. Everybody says "strong stance can be countered." I find that to be a load of crap in NF duels. Now of course you can counter someone who is using the strong stance like it's supposed to be used. But there is absolutely no way to counter a n00b who just keeps doing the strong special move in a NF game. When someone is jumping all over the place and you know as soon as their saber even touches you, you're dead...well there's not much you can do.

Now for the obligatory force drain rant. I feel it's over powered. I think it's a very good power, it's just that it drains way too quickly. There is no way to counter it unless you put absorb on before drain and if you do that, they will just wait till absorb runs out and then drain or grip you. Don't tell me to switch to the dark side because I simply suck at dark side powers, it takes my concentration away from the actual fighting.

Finally, anything but NF or very low force duels suck. FF duels just end up being a who can heal faster fight. I thought the point of duel servers was to improve your lightsaber skills, not see who can heal the fastest and who can run away first to let their force pool regenerate. I do these things too. I'm not saying that we shouldn't be using heal in duels, i'm saying we shouldn't have duel servers with anything but NF or very very low force.

[/rant]

Edit: Just a few minor grammar mistakes.

You are exactly right on every point.

Heh, I don't know what else to say.

You pointed out what I consider the only imblalances I see in the game.(I dont know anything bout the guns issue)

I also play NF duels a lot. I stopped playing FF duels after the first day because of the healing issue. Also people running away waiting to recharge force since they can't use a saber.

Yeah I do the running away to regenerate in FF duels too, but you can't help it. If the other person is doing it and you want to win, you have to do it also. It really sucks. I'd prefer NF duels so you can get down to business. I enjoy the occassional FFA FF game because it's like anything goes and you can finish like 8th among 16 players and be happy. Usually the guy who finishes first is the one running around with alt repeater...but i'm not gonna complain about that in that kind of server.

Archived