Home

Coming Soon... The Mercenaries...

Infinity Blade

themercenaries.jpg

A single player mod replacing the Kyle and Jan skins with a nice twist. And while this first version is more of a skin replacement mod, perhaps when the tools are released we'll upgrade and update the package.

Brought to you by Infinity Blade and Wes Janson SMR!!!

Coming soon to a Download near you!!!!

lol wes. i hope that was meant to be sarcastic, cause thats sure how i would have posted it :p

seriously tho infinity....thats a wee bit boring. while im sure there are some people out there who would like to play through with kyle's "merc" duds, overall its a rather pitiful "mod" i mean...the skins arent even original...they're just swapped out textures and recolors.

please dont take this the wrong way. im not trying to be hostile here, just honest. unfortunatly it can often sound like the same thing through text. you can do better with some more time and effort.

-Abs

*frowns at Absath*

Hey.. I spent some quality time re-coloring that Jan. Were you not here when I asked for some feedback about her a little while ago? Personally, I think it's decent for a beginner.

And Merc Kyle looks great in-game if I do say so myself. Blade did a good job with it. And I think it's a little unfair to judge it before you even had a chance to use it. You can find see it for yourself tomorrow.

Bottom line, these skins get the job done, and they look great in single player.

And since we're all about opinions here, I wana say that these off-hand remarks about "re-coloring" being a bad thing as it requires no skill is a little rude. Especially to someone who's just starting out in creating skins.

Don't get me wrong. I can take constructive criticizm - like if someone wanted to comment about emphasizing a vague detail. But this "down with re-color'" thing is just skill-bashing. But, I don't mod for those people. I mod for the people who want to download it.

And as for Blade, I think he did a nice job for a quickie. Nice enough that I was willing to combine my Jan and his Kyle for a nice little skin pack - complete with a bonus skin.

If there's anything you can say about these skins, it's that they're a nice diversion from the normal ones in the game; and dare I say, add a little more to the game. Think about it. Why would Jan and Kyle "infiltrate" a base in such colors? I mean, they might as well carry a blowhorn and fog light. Black is usually the opperative color. Personally, I liked Jan's attire. But I just experimented with changing the color. I thought it looked neat, and figured that I'd share it with you all. And I made sure to say that it's re-colored and not a completley original creation.

And Blade pretty much felt the same way - only he went the extra step and changed Kyle's attire. Re-colored, cut-and-pasted, whatever. Some of you make it sound like none of us are trying. What would be the point of sharing skins if there was to be some kind of rule against this? Not all of us are industry-ready texture artists yet. And I'll be darned if I'm discouraged becaus a few people don't approve of the methods to our works.

Anyway, I just needed get that off my chest. And I'm not trying to single any one person out. This is a general calling. Making skins isn't easy. Even re-coloring an existing skin can be mighty tricky, to make it look just right.

I'm proud of this skin set. And dispite the means, the end result does just fine. And then some.

Great skins guys. Both of them. Good job. Looking forward to their release.

As far as recoloring skins, they are modifications to the game. So they are as much 'mods' as are skins made from scratch. I understand your opinion, Asbath, but I don't agree with you.

Why remake something that already exists? If you want textures for a skin, that look exactly like ones that are already made, remaking them is a pretty good waste of time.

Archived