Home

Can we have a sticky thread about this?

Tems

People keep asking what editors people use, and how to open a pak file, and what the map making program is and such. Can we have a simple sticky thread to just outline what the tools are and where to get them?

point your finger at me and laugh if this is a bad idea.

-Tems

*points and laughs uncontrollably* hehe sorry the post is a good idea...but i couldnt pass up the chance to laugh ;)

i always try to answer those posts, to help out new skinners. but i wouldnt mind making the one detailed post once, and having it be the end-all. *shrug* good call tems

-Abs

Here here, if i see another post asking what people use to make skins i think im going to go into convulsions... on another similar note:

To all the complete editing newbies out there, set more realistic goals. People who don't even have a 3d modeling program, keep saying they have (Really cool idea XX) how do they the 40 steps that are required to implement it...(won't even get into the fact that you can't because of the gdk/sdk not being released). It has taken me 4 years on and off to get to the level of 3d art that I am at, and I only consider myself mediocre (sp?). It is simply not plausible that having never worked in the 3d environment that you will pull off all these stunning ideas overnight. I'm not saying don't bother learning or trying it, but don't be disappointed when it isn't as easy as it seemed on paper. look around for tutorials, they are very helpful, and deffinately read at least the first page of posts here, before posting a question that has already been adressed 3 times.

keep at it, and good luck

Archived