Home

Anyone else think the storyline was done half aced?

Sith Droid

I think the ending sucked along with rest of the story. I've seen better storylines in homemade singleplayer addons.

yay, they basically redid the first Jedi Knight, except with crapier sith.

I haven't seen an ending this anticlimactic since Jurassic Park 3.

Does anyone else care about story or is it just me.

but usually a simple plot with still some depth and meaning.

they needed a lot of guys with lightsabers to fight and came up with the infuse people with the force and they can instantly fight with a lightsaber stuff (ruining the concept of the force more than gl could ever have done himself with the midichlorians).

nice but old: revenge for dead <insert here>.

plot holes and inconsistencies with the eu.

all in all: nice plot, but pretty average and not really anything new or even creative (making it below average for a sw-fan *g*)

Guest HertogJan

Ah well... I think everybody KNEW from the beginning Jan wasn't dead, and that there would be a couple of "level bosses", like Tavion, Fayar and Desann...

But still, what's there to add? I loved the Deus Ex story line (best I've seen so far, yes, better than Max Payne), but a complicated stroyline like that wouldn't fit in a game like this. In JK2, there aren't much NPCs to make a story from!

Kyle is a lone ranger :) Making the story more complicated would take away from the action! Don't get me wrong; if Raven / Lucasarts would have come up with a better story, I would have even more respect for them... It's just that it;s kinda hard to make a story for a game like this!

The Star Wars movies didn't have a very original plot either, you can't expect Raven to do better than the movies (for the story that is :))

JO's story is fine. Perhaps Kyle's personal stake in taking down Desann isn't as immediate as his revenge motive against Jerec, but at least it's not as non sequitur as MOTS (or, for that matter, TPM). True, the ending is a bit lackluster, but it's no worse than the ending of Dark Forces (one among many close similarities; I was expecting Kyle to say something like "I have experience turning madmen in freaky armor into scrap metal" in the Fyyar cutscene).

Guest Forceflow

I didn't like the storyline that much. It started off great, with the strange force crystals, people getting kindnapped and used for strange experiments, Jans death, Kyles journey to the Valley, and the first reborn. I really like the story until this point.

From then on it went downhill. Of course it was way too obvious that Jan wasn't dead. If you don't see somebody die in a movie or game, it's a 95% chance he/she aint dead.

I would've loved to see Jan coming back as a dark Jedi, now THAT would've been fun. (Remember Desaan saying something like: 'Prepare her for processing')

The storyline had a lot of potential, but the ending seemed to have been done in a hurry. (Much like the X-Win Alliance ending, though the XWA one was much more dissapointing)

But well, the game itself rocked BIG time, so I guess it's not too bad.

How was the ending in XWA crappy?

Sure, you knew Antan was the jackass for a long time, but hey, you finally get to kill him (if you move fast enough).

Besides, having Jan come back as a Reborn would also be kind of lame...what's the point of that?

Starwars movies have always had a very simple linear storyline. They are pure entertainment, not thought provoking masterpeices worthy of Academy Awards. So the fact that this games story line is simple. Linear and not thought provoking means it suits the Starwars world great.

As for the ending being anti-climatic (like JP3), JP3 had no end fight. Desan vs Kyle was a fight. Some may have thought it was a bit quick, but often the duel between me and him lasted about 5 minutes. And just like the movies, the time between the final fight and the credits is a very short time. Again this is just like the movies.

So if you think this game is half arsed then you must think the movies are too.

Yes, but in the movies, there were actually cool characters, with good dialogue. Or bad dialogue that was pulled off well, depending on your perspective.

What I'm saying is, the in-game-engine cinematic thing is not doing it for me. The live action in DF2, while cheesy and hammy, was at least remotely Star Wars-ish. In JK2 I'm seeing purple reptillian creatures in funny rubber jumpsuits that are somehow supposed to be "Dark Jedi". Oooh. Scary. What is this guy, Barney after a SlimFast binge?

No part of the story strikes me as particularly "Star Wars-ish". Weird guys in cowls running around waving sabers does not Star Wars game make.

Archived