Home

count dooku's saber WIP

Guest seantree

Guest seantree

dookurender.jpg

still in progress along with my biker scout. This model was made with early reference I found. I have some scans from the episode 2 visual dictionary that show some differences but nothing too noticeable. oh, and the skin is temp. I just threw it on to check my mapping.

Tear...

Absolutely beautiful. Looking great. What's the poly count at now? Cuz for some reason it looks to be much improved over the last time I saw it. Perhaps it's the skin, but very very nice.

Did you find out if weap replacement is the same as Q3's, cuz if it is I'm sure Harley could help you out.

Guest seantree

I'm gonna test replacement weapons tomorrow. The count isn't any higher, I just feel like I need to release something after sitting through Q3 models and not releasing any. If it doesn't work in JKII yet perhaps it'll go to Q3 til the JK tools are released. btw Cheshire, any luck with your mapping woes??

Guest seantree

well, I tested it. I think the saber.glm is the in game model that the player uses. Unless I've done something totally wrong, which I dont think I did as the game showed my skin on the default saber, i guess we gotta wait for the tools :/

Got the Legs done. I don't know what the problem was, but I'm having it again on the torso! After an hour of ripping it appart, it's pretty frustrating.

I just looked at the saber in Modview, and it looks like the saber has two TAGs. Parent, and Flash. Flash is at the very top of the saber, and Parent is about a third of the sabers lenghth down from it. It also shows 1 bone, but i'm not sure it that's right. Hope this helps.

Guest seantree

yeah, that bones says "modview default" I think the program puts it there for any model that doesn't have a bone structure? I could be very wrong, but I dont know why a saber would have bones when a tag would serve the same purpose

I've personally never gotten a model into games, but I've done alot of research on the Q3 engine, and I think you are right. It may just be a modview thing. But I really think you can get this damn thing ingame! I want it brotha!

The only thing, is whith such an Eye Grabber of a saber I hope it's possible to choose different saber handles... Which I think it isn't. Either way good luck!

Keep me posted.

Originally posted by seantree

well, I tested it. I think the saber.glm is the in game model that the player uses. Unless I've done something totally wrong, which I dont think I did as the game showed my skin on the default saber, i guess we gotta wait for the tools :/

Ya sabers and the way they move is one of the main over hauls in the Ghoul revamp of the Q3 engine. So most likely you did nothing wrong, it is most likely in the .glm

Archived