Home

Darth Maul Saber

Ebuchednezzar

Yeah, it's cheating during real MP matches, but I derive a lot of pleasure and relaxation from fighting off 4 bots with a double-bladed lightsaber in a Darth Maul skin. Just a couple of observations...

1. Anyone else noticed that the back half of the saber seems inconsistent in hit detection? Sometimes it works, but just as often it doesn't.

2. Despite the erratic back half of the blade, I get a lot more kills with the double-bladed saber. Strange.

3. Has anyone seen or participated in a duel with two double-bladed sabers? As easy I'd think it to be to set up, I've never really gotten to do it or see it. I'll bet it rocks.

Haha, nice pic.

Yeah, I know it's a devmap-only thing. I usually only do it with a friend or two against some bots on our LAN at school here. You guys seem torn as to whether or not the back half actually does damage; I'm still not totally sure myself. I think I've killed people with it, but I've also seen it go right through people.

Well, it sure LOOKS cool, but if I can't be guaranteed that it will do damage if it hits, I'm not going to waste time practicing with it.

What we need is a mod that introduces a working dual-bladed saber with new animations, new model, and new (logical) moves for all three stances.

Any volunteers? :D

Welcome Ebuchednezzar. That second blade does cause damage. I remember reading somewhere here at jk2.net that it stated it actually did. You can expect that there will be many mods implementing the dual saber so don't worry. I hope the author of sbx decides to this seeing how his dual saber turned out quite well. This is a given though seeing how popular the dual saber is.

Archived