Home

clipping

colmag

lo all,

I'm in the kejim_base, and have reached the room where there are two large manned guns, and suddenly the game has started having problems with clipping. I can walk through the boxes, and if i walk upto a wall or door, i can't go through it, but i can see through it, and shoot stuff on the other side! This is causing me untold grief. I've played the game enough by now to get hooked, and now it's blown me out!

I've got:

XP1700

Win XP home

GF2 (driver 28.80, as per previous thread)

SBLive! (latest creative driver)

256Mb DDR

Epox 8K7A (latest bios)

Any ideas? (i've already tried turning noclip on and then off again, also tried 23.11 drivers)

OK. Now everythings turned to rat**** :mad:

No amount of different drivers, settings etc. made any difference, so i went back to an earlier save in a different part of the game, and lo and behold, the clipping problem had vanished.

BUT, now I experience the dreaded feezing problem, with the whole computer grinding to a halt (ctrl-alt-del won't reboot), i also get texture corruption (parts of textures going psychodelic), my framerate grinds beyond belief in places, and just now XP popped up a window mid-game telling me it was going to shut-down the PC!

Incidentally, that last paragraph is with the recommended detonator drivers, and with the GL extensions turned off. WTF is up with this game?

By turning down the audio acceleration a step at a time, at no acceleration it finally became pretty stable (certainly ran for a LOT longer than before). Now i'm going to try disabling the sblive and using the onboard VIA AC97 audio.

Anyone got any recommendations for a good gaming soundcard (but nothing by creative, i won't buy creative again. DVD, GF2, Sound, have them all, bitten by them all).

Archived