Home

I just want to play the f*&^ing game

colmag

Who wants to play JK2  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who wants to play JK2

• I\'ve heard of star wars, are the games any good?
    • I read a review, so i might try it.
    • I\'m just waiting for a demo.
    • I\'VE BOUGHT IT AND STILL CAN\'T F*(\"ING PLAY IT

I paid £30 quid for this. Its supposed to be ace. It's crashed my comp more than every other program i've ever installed put together, ever. Since my zx81. E V E R.

My WIN-XP has started crying. And i'm not far behind. I reach a really good looking bit and it crashes. I reload, kill stormie's in said good looking bit, and it crashes. WTF is wrong with this game. I've got Q3, SoF, RTCW, MOHAA, H-L (in case you're wondering, all Q based games) and none of them gave me any problems whatsoever (and before anyone flames me, four games including this one are based on Q3 engine). I thought i'd try multiplayer, and can't even get a server list.

So far today, i've spent nearly ten hours trying to play this game, and have got about 1 hour of gameplay. Not a good return in my book.

And i can't search on this forum ,and haven't got a f(*&ing clue how to do a poll. (ok. so i worked out the poll bit, shame about the game though)

• 2 weeks later...

What I want to know is why are the people reviewing this game giving it such high marks when the damn thing crashes so often. Didn't the reviewers have the same problems we are ALL having, or did the reviewers get a "special" guarenteed to work version?

Verlex, that's very true, and people here rarely take the time to realise that truth. The people here are a small fraction of those who actually *have* JK2, a very *tiny* fraction. (there are a lot of players out there without problems, numbering in the tens of thousands at least).

However, there are a few of us wierdos who have the game working perfectly (or as near as makes no difference. I have a few slight problems that have developed more recently), and still spend time on these boards trying to help. Funnily enough we often recieve abuse for defending the programmers, who worked hard to get it working one ONE computer/configuration, let alone as many as they have.

Unfortunately we also cannot solve every problem, as (IMHO) remote TS is never as helpful as being on site - and many call centre tech support guys are barely computer literate enough to tell you how to turn the damned thing on (the number of times I have spoken to tech support guys who knew less than my MOTHER...sheesh.)

Anyway, we do our best. As do the guys and gals at Raven. They cannot work miracles, and almost all of these problems are not their fault, and equally they aren't exactly yours either: Blame your computer. I do.

Archived