Home

How to Play Deathstar Mayhem in Single Player

Laii Ka

Hi there all.

Ive read thru most of the Editing forums and a question keeps coming up from a few out there.

I guess most of us already tried the Ladder Map and loved the fighting mayhem and challenge it provided.

But many asks how to make thier own similar types of maps using lets say Carbon/Deathstarmap in Multiplay. Well as many answered; we just have to wait till Raven releases a editor to the game.

Ive played Laddermap and Pit till my fingers blead but I wanted more, like duelling tons of Jedi in the Deathstar map but the Multiplayerbots are simply not as cunning and swift as the Singleplayer NPC are.

SO!!

Ive come up with a small solution to play out all your Jedi dreams fighting Shadowtroopers or Tavion etc in the Throneroom or hangar bay in Deathstarmap.

This is how I did it:

1. Copy the script example below and modify it after your own judgement or wishes.

**** Config Scripting Example ****

helpusobi 1

setforceall 3

cg_thirdpersonrange 200

s_allowdynamicmusic 1

g_saberautoblocking 3

g_saberrealisticcombat 2

g_spskill 1 // sets game skill to Normal, 0 is easyest 3 is hardest. //

bind F1 "npc spawn Luke"

bind F2 "npc spawn Reborn"

bind F3 "npc spawn RebornFencer"

bind F4 "npc spawn RebornAcrobat"

bind F5 "npc spawn RebornForceUser"

bind F6 "npc spawn RebornBoss"

bind F7 "npc spawn Tavion"

bind F8 "npc spawn Shadowtrooper"

**** Config Scripting Example ****

Now open Notepad, copy the sample script and save it as "SP.cfg" for example.

Put the file in your Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\BASE directory.

After that, fire up the Single Player game and at the Startmeny open console, type: map ffa_deathstar

The MP map deathstar will load up and in it you will start all alone.

Then open console again and type: exec sp.cfg (or whatever you have named it).

That will set the game up for your pleasure.

Save the game as a normal single playergame then just press away on the spawn buttons and fight your head of =))

Now I noticed 1 thing and thats that some sounds and elevators does not function as they should when you open it up in Single Player game, but what the heck. How cool isnt it to duel Tavion in the hangar bay and have it last all the way to the Throne room =)

You have full Force powers anyways so elevators wont matter, just jump em.

Now Im a hardcore Starwars fan and Starwars aint nothing without the music hammering along the fights.

Im using the Jukebox Mod found here: http://www.jediknightii.net/files/index.php?link=file&id=31

BUT, as the author states it doesnt work in Single player.... Well actually it does. U have to modify it slightly for the Single Player game to be able to find the songs and such. But Im not sure how the author would feel or how I should post the changes without anyone beeing upset.

So if any 1 reads this and wants me to post howto make the Jukebox work in Single play I will post the changes needed to be made if its alright for me to do that.

Last notes:

U may use any map there is in Multiplay. Deathstar is just an example, another cool map to duell out your fantasies is offcorse the Carbon map.

just change:

"map ffa_deathstar" to "map duel_carbon" or "map duel_pit" or whatever.

Ok I have to stop buggin ya all and get back to some Deathstar duelling hehe. Cant stop.... =))

Take care and please post any remarks or further changes or additions to this example to make game more fun then it already is...

Laterz

I have done this myself a couple times on ffa_yavin and ffa_bespin. It is great fun. BUT even better is that you can arrange people however you want and then SAVE the game to come back to it later. That means that you can download save games for the multiplayer levels for single player with enemies on them. If you want to see what I mean, I have uploaded 2 save games: one for yavin and the other for bespin. Just extract these to you jk2/base/saves folder and then load them up in the single player game.

http://www.umr.edu/~mlang/a/jkii10.zip

http://www.umr.edu/~mlang/a/jkii11.zip

Enjoy (i know I have!)

-quamosity

quamosity!!!

Did u use the "NoTarget" command and then just spawned NPCs all over the map?

LOL why didnt I think of that, excellent, its a Poor mans Single Player Editor =)

Great stuff tho, glad u helped out with extra addition to this idea.

Laterz

yeah, I did. In fact, on yavin, I think I left it on.

I would highly recommend spawning a group to help you fight.

this is what I have setup:

bind d "npc spawn luke; npc spawn jedi; npc spawn jedif; npc spawn jedi2; npc spawn jeditrainer;"

Trust me, it helps out alot---and its really really fun to watch a good jedi vs bad jedi fight.

Oh, and you can also spawn Desann to a key. He is fun to throw into that mix as well.

Archived