Home

Light saber stances

Canis_Aureus

People complain that red stance is way better than blue and yellow... well it should be. Perhaps those people would like the following things too.

- Heal lvl1 and lvl3 should be balanced

- Grip lvl1 and grip lvl3 should be balanced

- etc.

People pay points to get the red stance so there SHOULD be an advantage when spending those points!

I always have full offence and defence BUT I do use both blue and yellow stance too... If they were useless I wouldn't. BUT red stance should be the best considering it is the most expensive.

useing the red stance... is your blocking quicker then yellow and blue?

i was under the impression blue was the fastest at everything but the least powerful

yellow was the medium of everything

and red was slow and powerful... if you use red in offensive doesn't that leave you open to MANY blows from someone useing yellow or blue stance?

In Non Force Dueling there are no force points.....Its the sabre that make this the game that it is. And it is Non force Sabre that separates the men from the boys. Someone else suggested that the points for all stances be equal and independent from one another. Then the stances could be balanced without illogical point allocation......

The fact that you spec high in defense but gain no apparent advantage in sabre blocking, especially against red-stance, seems to make just as much sense. ;) It would be nice if those points really meant something.

Blue is the worst, Yellow is better, Red is best.

I wouldn't say this, each stance has its advantages and disadvantages. Like blue is good for a single opponent, because you can take more small hit with it. Yellow is good for more opponents because it gives you a little more protection and is a safer stance. Red is good for its power but it leaves you open to counter-attacks.

Well the only thing I really dont like about the red stance is that cheesy

"jump around like a monkey and try to hit people with a one hit kill/unblockable move that still hits as you get up" crap :)

I dont complain about it in the game, I wont really complain about anything in a game (not even team balance). That doesnt mean im not swearing on my end though :)

Well I'm notting back into the strong stance debate on here. I think the DFA needs to be fixed a bit what with that insta kill long after the move is finished thing (you know stubbing your toe on the saber stuck in the floor?).

Stuff like that needs work, but my real problem isn't with the style... it's the spamming it gets. I hardly ever spam ANYTHING. Some people say I use drain a lot, but you won't see me running for powerups hardly ever since I use drain instead.

so if your gonna spam DFa or any move in general don't whine when I grip you to death or saber toss your strong style self, or kick you off the side of a building or something. thats all.

Strong stylers say everyone who hates that is a whiner, but they whine even louder when we grip them, or drain them or saber toss them to make up for the exploited way strong style is most often used.

As someone said on here no style is really the best. I look at it like someone else already said.

Light style is for quick weak attacks for dealing with one person (works like a charm most times).

Medium is good for just about anything, when in doubt use medium I say. best for large groups and swarms.

Strong style is for evening the odds with one well placed blow or for betting it all on one shot. Used like this it works like a charm. I can't tell you how many times I brought someone from kicking my butt to even hit points with me using strong in a duel.

when using the styles like this, and not limiting yourself to only one style, you will se a VAST improvement on your saber skills. thus learning only one style is a best road to being anhilated by the guy who doesn't play by the same rules you subject yourself to by using only one style.

just like people who only use sabers, in saber only servers, have a hard time adjusting to full weapons servers. Make sense?

hope so... I'm lost already and I wrote the thing...

Well the above points do make sense to me... and yes in its defence, red does leave you vulnerable to counter attack.

But, its the non force duels that the problems with red abuse surface. Personally, Im getting sick of seeing players running around trying to hit me with that damn 1 shot kill move... sure.. I can understand red being used in certain circumstances, (eg, when you are getting your ass whooped and ya make one last desperate attempt to even it up). But still... there is a difference between using red periodically and running around constantly swinging and going for 1 shot deaths.

I have been thinking about what would be the best way to solve this in the game (duels primarily) and I think the best way would be if red move took a large amount of force off a player when attempting to use it. That way they would have to wait for full force again before trying to do another cheap ass 1 shot wonder.

(Either that or remove red stance all together from no force duels)

Anyways, if this idea has been suggested already, I apologise... Im just reeeeallyyyy getting sick of tired of duels being spoilt by more than a few individuals who choose to abuse heavy stance.:mad:

Archived